Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QVCkitty1    I've got the ingredients on my list for @Chi-town girl 's recent recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup.   Sounded yummy for a cold night. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Chicken-Potpie-Soup/td-p/7315853#M156555

@Kachina624 , Thanks, that sounds wonderful and has nice basic ingredients.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

You all have given me some good ideas, I knew you would. Thanks !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Tuna salad with waldorf salad ingredients

Salmon, broccoli and baked potates

Turkey chilil

Black bean soup

Taco salad

Ham sandwiches with avocado slices

Hamburgers once a week.

Respected Contributor

Chicken fajitas - super easy, just chicken breast, peppers, onions, some seasoning, and then the regular toppings (cheese, sour cream).  

I'll finish those up tomorrow night and then on Thursday will make my lazy go-to that I found online about how to make a meal with 3 items purchased from Aldi's. 

Cooked ground turkey over white rice, and then throw bagged Asian chopped salad on top, including the won-tons, almonds, and dressing.  Amazingly good. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Meal planning is a major thorn in my side.  I made lasagna last night.  In recent days also made a sirloin tip roast in the crock pot.  Always good for leftover.  My meal plan for the next couple of days:  chicken tortilla soup, creamy parmesan fettuccine (for me and daughter), spaghetti and meat sauce for husband, and tonight cheeseburger wraps.  Recipe for wraps call for bib lettuce and I can't find that anywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I think we all hit a rut now and then with meal ideas, I know I do.  Some good suggestions on here!    Last night we had grilled pork chops, brussel sprouts and rice.

Tonight is pasta and meatballs (yum) and tomorrow will be seafood, not sure what yet as I have to go buy some.   But whatever it is is being accompanied with roasted orange beets and potatoes.

Respected Contributor

Carnitas

Pinto Beans

Flour tortillas

Guacamole

Pot Roast

Turnips

Okra

Corn Bread

Esteemed Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Meal planning is a major thorn in my side.  I made lasagna last night.  In recent days also made a sirloin tip roast in the crock pot.  Always good for leftover.  My meal plan for the next couple of days:  chicken tortilla soup, creamy parmesan fettuccine (for me and daughter), spaghetti and meat sauce for husband, and tonight cheeseburger wraps.  Recipe for wraps call for bib lettuce and I can't find that anywhere.

Your wraps sound fabulous. I would go crazy if I couldn't find bibb lettuce as I eat it 4x a week or more. The local Kroger store (Fred Myers) sells an organic bibb lettuce under their house brand, in a clam shell and it is so great. Doesn't get whimpy and has a long shelf life.

I also love chicken tortilla soup. Forgot about making that. Super easy and so tasty.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I always serve at least three items.  Protein, veg., starch (I will have a second vegetable.

I made pepper steak over rice, with apple sauce one night, salad the next.

We also had beef stew with sweet onions, fresh chopped mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Grilled pork chops with sweet potatoes and roasted okra.

roasted okra!  I love fried okra but hate boiled okra.  How do you do the roasted?  TIA