Honored Contributor

Re: Maratha Stewart Rib Roast

[ Edited ]

If it's not a good value for you, why shouldn't you express your opinion ? I t is as valid as anyone else's. Now they tell you when to watch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

If it's not a good value for you, why shouldn't you express your opinion ? I t is as valid as anyone else's. Now they tell you when to watch, WTF.

I agree completely. Your opinion is yours.........!

Honored Contributor

I only caught the tail end of the presentation so I didn't hear who Martha is sourcing the prime rib from but if it is the same as her turkey (Pat LaFreida) that would explain the higher than normal price for prime rib as they are the if not the very top I would say they are in the top three suppliers of high end  meat/poultry vendors in the country.

Super Contributor

I wonder if Martha is getting those roasts from Lobel's in NYC. They are a five generation, family owned company with an excellent reputation specializing in high-end meats, especially prime rib. I have seen one of the owners featured on several of her cooking shows over the years.

The pricing seems to be in line with their pricing for prime rib roasts as seen here:

http://www.lobels.com/usda-prime-dry-aged-bone-in-rib-roasts/p/UPBIRR

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@luvmybeetlewrote:

OK I get it, I'm being mocked.  Sorry for the post.

Well I can afford and do purchase anything I want and in a city where there is access.  Those that complain that you are telling them how to spend their money just choose to misinterpret your post on purpose to belittle.  Happy Holidays to them.  Spend away and encourage the over charge.  You are just stating your feelings and free to as long as you don't take a knee.

@hopi, This x 1000 !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

NEED A BANK LOAN TO BUY HER FOOD

Super Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I only caught the tail end of the presentation so I didn't hear who Martha is sourcing the prime rib from but if it is the same as her turkey (Pat LaFreida) that would explain the higher than normal price for prime rib as they are the if not the very top I would say they are in the top three suppliers of high end  meat/poultry vendors in the country.

I didn't see your post before posting about Lobel's @momtochloe. I didn't know that she used Pat LaFrieda for her turkey.

To each their own. My local supermarket offerings--Harris Teeter, Safeway, etc.--always work out great for me on my tight budget.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle, well, I certainly agree with you.  I saw them selling donuts today for $2.50 a piece and I freaked.  So, I definitely think $200 for a roast is outragous!

Contributor

I totally agree with you. It’s too much money for the average person. Is it because it’s from Martha Steward. Her food is wat overpriced for a shopping channel.

Contributor

How does gold taste in your mouth and then your stomach? I'd like to really know what it tastes compared to one for about $10. Qvc is now seen as the shopping with most ridiculous food prices. 

And can someone tell why all the kissy face bits with vendors? None of other networks give this crazy gesture on a selling program. Kind of crazy is we went into all our local stores and think each clerk was going to kiss us first.