Super Contributor

Re: Maratha Stewart Rib Roast

@PinkSunset wrote:

from another perspective:

when my husband was alive, he was an attorney. We gave small dinner parties for clients quite often, If I wanted to do a nice dinner for them at home, I might consider spending $200 on the main entree, however, that lifestyle has changed and I would never do it now. $200 would be spent toward a week's worth of groceries for the family, food for 3 cats, and household supplies and still have some money left.

With that said, QVC is also taking a risk with her food. I believe Martha has no risk as she gets her share when QVC buys the product, but in home shopping, one can buy food, eat the whole thing, then call customer service and tell them it was awful and they get a full refund, no need to return anything, So I often wonder if many of the people buying all this overpriced food do that. They get to eat maybe a gourment food product they wouldn't buy locally, and eat for free if they complain about it.

My sister once bought a ham when PD was there a long time ago and called them and said it was so salty no one could eat it. She got all her money back so I know they do that.

Just another opinion here. But I do think they really markup the price of food. I buy the kringles here at Trader Joe's for $7.99 each and QVC charges like $34 for 2. 

That's it in a nutshell. A profit margin has to be built into the cost of any item the Q sells, food included. Because a customer can call and complain and receive a full refund without returning the product, that loss has to be figured into what the price of the item is.

QVC charges what it needs to in order to make sure they make a nice profit even with the refunds they issue.

What I would love to know is what is the percentage of complaints on food items in comparison to total amount sold.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle  I think it's pricey and I wouldn't buy it.  Post whatever you like...and ignore the unpleasant remarks.   

Qvc will probably drop the price by a whopping $3 if it doesn't sell out.

Honored Contributor

I'd rather have a lb. of BBQ ribs

Regular Contributor

Her food can't be that good.  I'm sure a lot of us have gourmet markets and great restaurants that we can frequent.  For those of you who enjoy her food and all the other overpriced food QVC sells, good for you -- buy it!  We all choose to spend our $$ on what we enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the turkey/side reviews. They are not good.

Honored Contributor

@4leaf wrote:

How does gold taste in your mouth and then your stomach? I'd like to really know what it tastes compared to one for about $10. Qvc is now seen as the shopping with most ridiculous food prices. 

And can someone tell why all the kissy face bits with vendors? None of other networks give this crazy gesture on a selling program. Kind of crazy is we went into all our local stores and think each clerk was going to kiss us first. 

I also don't care for all the kissing.  On one show today there was so much kissing and hugging, I was wondering in a day how many more products they could present (or more pertinent info given) if they cut out all that kissing.  I went to a dept. store today and didn't see any kissing!   Lines of people making purchases though.

Honored Contributor

Post what you want to post.  Isn't the point of this forum for discussions, giving opinions, suggestions, asking questions, etc.?

Honored Contributor

Where can you find a rib roast for $10?