Respected Contributor

Questions about Paula Deen's Induction Burner

Did anyone get Paula Deen's induction burner from Evine?  I just wondering how you like it.  Mine is due soon, so I hope to put it to use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about Paula Deen's Induction Burner

I don't know anybody who has one.  Please give us a review after you've road tested it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Don't U have to use all induction cookware from now on when you got one of those burners? What I always thought.

Honored Contributor

@SharkEYes, you do.  I have the Nuwave burner.  I got a cheap set of pans with the induction bottom late one night on clearance from QVC, then I got the copper pan which has the induction bottom.  Love my burner.

@Tigriss  Be sure you leave plenty of room around the burner for air circulation.  They have a fan inside and will cut off if they don't get air.

Respected Contributor

I will leave a review.  I plan on making some fried rice tomorrow, so that will be a test for it.  Thanks for the advice of leaving plenty of air space around it so that it can breathe.  I have stainless steel pots and pans with some cast iron, so they are all induction ready.  I have an electric stove/oven, so I'm excited to try something with more control and faster, plus it won't heat up the house as much, which isn't bad in the winter or tomorrow when it will be a high of 63 and a night low of 38, but today it is going to be around 75 and 52 for a low.  I may also take the burner to my grandmother's for Thanksgiving since we always fill up the stove and then some.

Esteemed Contributor

My son has one and he loves it.  It is especially good for dishes that cook a long time and need a certain temperature.  He is a great cook.  Tells me to get one!

Valued Contributor

You can get a disk to put on it to accommodate regular pans.  Evine sells it.  Don't know why QVC doesn't sell one.

Honored Contributor

@Fiero Woman.  I got one of those disks and found that it's very ineffective.  Don't waste your money.  It took the food about 4X as long to cook as with an induction pan.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Fiero Woman.  I got one of those disks and found that it's very ineffective.  Don't waste your money.  It took the food about 4X as long to cook as with an induction pan.

@Fiero Woman I echo @Kachina624's post.  I have a lot of patience but I gave up on it after a few tries as my old, barely working electric stove was faster.