Trusted Contributor

Shop NBC has had numerous airings of Mackenzie childs the past few days. I have seen these items shown over the years and have always thought the rep was some what of a fruit loop. I do like the look of the colander but most reviews say the small is too small and I really so not need the large one, really need something inbetween and will be looking elsewhere. However over the years and many times this weekend the rep stated several times all pieces are painted by hand. However on the Makenzie Child website, it clearly states that the pieces are decorated with a hand applied transfer which is not the same as hand painting., am I correct, it is more of a decal that is then covered with a layer of some coating. It is pretty, way to expensive and I do not like dping business with people who refuse to tell the truth.

Trusted Contributor

@webbgarner1 Totally agree w/you ... and the enamelware is made in China which my neighbor didn't find out 'til she received it.

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1  The floral designs are not "hand painted", but I'm pretty sure the check patterns are.  I have several pieces including the mugs (have to hand wash), and some of the floral canisters for my dog  treats.  And the recipe box - it holds my coupons and assorted business cards on my desk. . 

The rep is quirky and she said once that each morning that she looks at her tea pot it makes her smile, and she's right.  It's the first thing I bought and I've had it a few years and still love it!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I love my MacKenzie-Childs dinnerware!  

My favorite pattern is Flower Market in white.

I so appreciate that ShopHQ carries this high-quality line at special prices.

The designs are beautiful and the items are very solid in construction.  

These enamel/stainless steel pieces are truly luxury.

I have the teapot, spoon rest, various pots and pans, cutting board, utensil holder and so forth.

I bought the small colander for fruit, and then purchased the large colander at Neiman Marcus to continue my collection.

The patterns are so pretty in my kitchen!  Every day is Springtime!

The rep Rebecca is so sweet and funny.  I look forward to visiting the farm in New York one of these days.

Esteemed Contributor

When ShopHQ had so many shows this line really looked so cute.

But watching  and reading about the products it is not anything I would own.  Items have to be hand washed, dried immediately and if the seal breaks it is unsafe to use for food or drink.

It is enamel. Eating and drinking off of it would taste awful to me. Somehow I thought it was the same material as Corelle dishes.

Even if it was only for decoration you think at that price the dishwasher would be safe.  The shows no longer interest me. Totally over it.

Trusted Contributor

@hopi   I agree, they do not seem very practical at all . While I enjoy pretty things, I appreciate functionality much more.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper  I have been eyeing the beautiful white floral teapot for quite some time. Would you say it is practical, or just for decoration? 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I have the bigger of the two tea pots in the floral green and I absolutely love looking at it however I will never put water in it because I am so afraid it will start to rust. I have a green set of two enamel colanders that I purchased years ago from HSN and they both have rust all along the bottom edge. So no I don't use my expensive teapot, I just admire it. 

Respected Contributor

Hello Sandy Sparkles,

I use everything I buy from MacKenzie Childs.

I did not purchase these items just for decoration.

They are very easy to wash and clean--I use a soft scrub to be careful not to scratch.  I like the pots because they are very strong.

The biggest thing about the teapot is sometimes after heating water the lid may stick a little due to the heat and condensation and I have to pull on that fancy knob.  Also, there is no whistle on this model so I have to watch for the steam.

However, I do not use the items daily, so I cannot comment on constant long-term daily use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mackenzie Childs

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles I ran into this when I googled Mackenzie Childs' name.  This picture is from the blog.  

This style is very much Mary Englebrit who would easily mix in.