Honored Contributor

So, last week it was Tater Tots.  Who knew?  There's still a shortage of flour although you can find self-rising.  I do have to wonder if a lot of used  bread machines will become available after this.

This week I noticed a shortage of spray oil.  I hadn't noticed it before.  There are a few, like PAM, but I don't want propellants and I was really wanting Grapeseed Oil.  I guess that shows the popularity of Air Fryers.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

So, last week it was Tater Tots.  Who knew?  There's still a shortage of flour although you can find self-rising.  I do have to wonder if a lot of used  bread machines will become available after this.

This week I noticed a shortage of spray oil.  I hadn't noticed it before.  There are a few, like PAM, but I don't want propellants and I was really wanting Grapeseed Oil.  I guess that shows the popularity of Air Fryers.

Tater tots and french fries were hard to find in the beginning, but I've seen them at Kroger and Publix.  I too hard a difficult time finding Pam.  I was so low, I ended up buying 4 large cans on Amazon.  But I was at Kroger a couple of days ago and Target over a week ago and they had plenty. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess -

This is all kind of surprising.

it's like the whole nation during this gets the same cravings for things.

I don't know why but about a month ago, all of a sudden I thought, I really want some tater tots. I guess I was looking in the freezer section and thought of them but I never get them or think of them and sure enough there were none!

And flour. I guess people are thinking of baking. Just lots of comforting type foods that come to mind for so many I think.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Tater tots and french fries were hard to find in the beginning, but I've seen them at Kroger and Publix.  I too hard a difficult time finding Pam.  I was so low, I ended up buying 4 large cans on Amazon.  But I was at Kroger a couple of days ago and Target over a week ago and they had plenty. 

@ScrapHappy I did find ONE bag of Tater Tots at my old Publix where my prescriptions still are after not finding any at Kroger or my new Publix last week.  Neither Publix or Kroger currently have the spray oil.  I may end up looking online if it stays out of stock.

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Odd Shortage

[ Edited ]

The weird thing I can't find is split peas for soup.  Had them on my lists as available for Publix and Walmart and then they're out of stock.

Can only assume everyone is making pea soup from their Easter ham.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Baking must be off the charts.  A couple of weeks ago I was going to bake bread.  The flour selections were sparse, but available, however could not find yeast, or even a boxed bread mix anywhere (went to 4 stores).  

Honored Contributor

Probably because kids are now home 24/7 and most kids love them.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@IcegoddessDang it, now I want tater tots.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed that, too. Items kids eat are flying off the shelves. Makes sense, though. Rice and boxed mac n cheese are hard to find. Hubs wants his favorite 'grab and go' warm up, lunch snack - chicken taquitos. Nope. I pick up groceries for son with smaller kids. Beef Hotdogs -- can't find. We're eating a lot of basil tomato soup with added steamed vegetables. I'm the only one who isn't tired of this meal. It could be so much worse. Thankful we aren't suffering.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Tater Tots - and I was at the market yesterday - would have put it on my list

the one item I wanted - haven't found each time I visited - yeast

I use yeast rarely - but I wanna make cinnamon buns - which I know is ultra ...