Contributor

Lock n Lock Problem...send it back!

I called in June for a replacement lid.  I was told that it would take approx. 4 weeks at this time to receive it.  No problem....I am not going anywhere anyway and I have tons of this stuff.  I was told if I did not receive it, I should call back and LnL would send one out via Fed-X right away.

As of Aug. 7 no lid, so I called back.  I was told by that LnL just received a huge shipment and it taking them some time to get through all the orders and they are going through mailing out replacements starting with ones dating back to Feb!.  Also, I should call back in another month and they might be able to tell me if my replacement is in process, or has been sent. I calmly voiced the usual comments an concerns with their "Customer Service" rep.

I am starting to feel like I should have just sent the whole thing back.....it would have been quicker.  Now, I feel like I am being told a story to get rid of me.  I will not buy anymore LnL until this issue is resolved.

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock Problem...send it back!

Last month I realized that my coffee one broke.  I just ordered whatever Safeway offered for pickup.

I was absolutely shocked much aroma the new one holds in.

Never considered lifespan before.  Giving the side eye to all mine now.

Super Contributor

I called for replacements in Jan or Feb.  I don't remember.  Than COVID hit, and nothing showed, which is understandable.  I still haven't got any replacements.  I have to say, I've had more issues with the tritan, and the new lids, than any locknlock I've purchased.  My tritan is less than 8months old, and most of it has broke.  Not from dropping, but just got brittle, and cracked.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a replacement lid in June and everytime I try to call they say leave a message.   I thought I was the only one who didn't receive it and didn't realize some are still waiting after 6 months!

Respected Contributor

I used to be a big fan of Lock n Lock, and had a lot.  But as time goes on, I find myself tossing more and more pieces....the ones that get used for leftover storage.  Pitting from the microwave, staining, lid tabs that break off...most have bitten the dust.  The ones that have held up are ones that don't have the lids fiddled with all the time...like big flour and sugar storage bins.

I don't want throw-away storage at this point of my life.  I use mostly Pyrex glass lidded bowls of various sizes with plastic lids for food leftovers, and to store bagged coffee, etc.  So happy with them!

Frequent Contributor

Iam sorry you are having this problem with lock n lock. I hope it is resolved soon for you. I use to like lock n lock. but i have found when i either run it through the dishwasher or wash by hand, I have to pull out the rubber gasket thing, so it can dry underneath. Otherwise, I notice that mold forms under there. Kind of a pain. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I’m having the exact same issue. I called in June to report 2 pieces that needed replaced. Fast forward to Monday I called and got the same exact answer you did. Huge shipment came in and need to wait until they get it unloaded. I’m very disappointed with this situation
Qvc sells 100’s of thousand sets and yet no customer service help at all. I’m not buying anymore until and if I ever get my replacement pieces.
Respected Contributor

Maybe there is a trick for getting lids off when I take them out of the frig... They are on there so good and I usually have to stick a knife in there to release the suction. I'm probably ruining the darn thing.

Honored Contributor

If lids are getting stuck to the point you need a knife to loosen, it usually means the food was too warm when you put the container into the frig.

Honored Contributor

Rubbermaid for me.   Just bought a big square today to hold my pecan rolls when I make them cost me 13 at Neighborhood Market