Occasional Contributor

I recently had new kitchen counter tops installed. The installer told me to always be sure to place something under anything hot, such as my crock pot, etc. I'm in the market for a large trivet for this purpose but I don't know where to look. I noticed this trivet on Lisa's counter top. (It's on her personal fb page). Can someone post the pic here for me? I'm not sure how to do it myself. (Lisa is wearing a hooded GILI sweater while making pancakes. The trivet is to the left of her sink). Anyone recognize the brand or know where to get one? Or maybe you have another recommendation? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson's kitchen

Not the picture you are looking for but there is a black trivet

Occasional Contributor

Thank you, meezerpleezer. This is a nice pic of it also. It looks large and sturdy. Wish I knew where to find it.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what she is using. For my crockpot, I put ceramic coasters under each foot which does work well. For bigger items, I either use a ceramic trivet or a tempered glass or ceramic cutting board.

Honored Contributor

you can buy glass ones at walmart or like HOme depot, Loew's

Super Contributor

Days--I don't have a crockpot, but I do have marble countertops and an antique French painted table which I use as an island, protected by a glass top. I love to use pretty potholders as trivets in the kitchen, but Le Creuset makes some lovely, sturdy ones as well. The nicest trivets I've seen are broken china mosaic designs, but those are reserved for the table!

Honored Contributor

There is a kitchen store in our outlet mall called ""le gourmet"" or ""kitchen connections"" I have a black marble piece like this which I purchased there and the white marble baking stone. I'll try to find the correct name of the store. The name of the store is ""Le Gourmet Chef"" .
Trusted Contributor

It's just a black granite cutting board. I would just buy a nice wooden one you can hand wash to get , and use for all other purposes. I have both, but like my wooden ones the best.

Trusted Contributor

If you go to Amazon and in the search box type in "surface saver cutting boards" or "marble cutting boards", lots of these will show up.

Some are marble and some are tempered glass. I didn't see any that were granite, though.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Regular Contributor

I use a half sheet pan under my crock pot, electric grill, etc. The rim would catch any spills .

A glass turn table from a old microwave works also.