Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Do I dare say this???  3 to 4 POTS a day........

is that too much? I had an Uncle who would drink 2 pots a day and I always told him that was too much caffeine.

Honored Contributor

Without a doubt, the ONLY coffee in this house is Goya.   We use a French Press.  I'm enjoying a cup right now!  Then I'm going to get dressed and go buy some new Birkenstocks!

E82127EC-5801-4BE2-A46E-F9F1846C3CAD.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

New Birkenstocks you say? We wear those w/ socks in WA and OR all year long. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE me some good coffee. I prefer making my own as I have an espresso machine that puts out the perfect shot (for me) with a touch of a button. I make two drinks a day for myself, consumed before 11 am. I have to force myself to not make a 3rd cup.

I used to be a Peet's coffee bean person, but all the stores near me have discontinued the Italian whole bean. Ugh. So I tried the organic store brand whole beans from Safeway ... and they are really, really good. I mix 50/50 French beans with Italian beans and then grind the beans in auto grinder. Smooth taste, strong w/o being overly bitter. 

These days I only drink Starbucks when we travel and then I tend to order iced mochas to disguise how bitter the coffee is. Plus ... they almost never make the drink I want correctly. I order a very dry Cappuccino and 90% of the time I get a latte. I know, first world problems. But at $6 a cup, I want what I want. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Let's talk coffee

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 

I just saw the cutest pair of white Birkenstock's on QVC, but our local store carries it at the same price so I'm headed over there today!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I usually have one small cup of coffee made with my Delonghi espresso and cappuccino maker. 

The coffee is a local whole bean breakfast blend and I grind enough to put into a small container to last about a week.  I also add cinnamon to the fresh ground beans and it adds a nice bit of sweetness to it. 

It's only ground coffee, cinnamon & water but the machine adds a frothy top which looks like a layer of creamer.  It's delicious and just right for me.

Super Contributor

I have never been able to warm up to coffee.  The aroma is great, but the bitter taste is not, even with cream and sugar.

I drink hot tea; black, English breakfast, green with lemon and ginger, elderberry, blueberry and açaí, fennel, chamomile, earl grey.

Water and flavored water the rest of the day.  
However, root beer is my drink of choice with pizza.

Respected Contributor

I love a good cup or two of hot strong coffee with half 'n half in the morning.  Usually buy ground Starbucks.

Reading all these postings now makes me want a cup, however, much too late in the day now. Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

I love the smell of coffee. Hubby gets up before me and makes it. Good old Maxwell House original roast. We each have two mugs. Me, creamer and sweetner. After that it's Tetley tea for me. No flavors or milk. Later I like peach flavor tonic (soda) mixed with cranberry grape juice. I hate water.

Respected Contributor

Enjoy 2 cups of coffee every morning. We purchase Carrabassett Coffee Company Whole Bean coffee.  We grind it fresh every morning. Fresh ground is the best.  Love the flavored beans. Irish cream decaf is a favorite right now.  We switched over to all decaffeinated beans a few months ago. Taking out as much caffeine in our lives as possible.