Trusted Contributor

We bought a perculator when we started working from home and love it!  Nothing beats the sound (and aroma) as it bubbles away.   Hubby is in charge of the coffee and usualy buys beans to grind himself.  Our usual go to is Eight O'clock coffee, regular blend.  But for special occasions we'll get Douwe Egberts coffee.  

If we have any coffee left at the end of the day, I store it in glass container in the fridge for iced coffee or smoothies.

Trusted Contributor

So jealous, I love it but can't drink it

I can't drink it very often anymore because it just tears up my stomachCat Mad

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife 

Why oh why did I click on your link? haha Now I want the white Birkies!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Valued Contributor

I have never in my life drunk coffee.....my DH did, 3-6 cups a day, and I loved the way it smelled brewing. Love coffee ice cream and grew up on coffee milk....

Esteemed Contributor

Tim Hortons.  DH gets the ground (he drinks more of it than me) and I grind a cup or two in my little Bodum grinder,

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

PEET'S coffee almost every day for me, but just in the morning, 2-3 cups.  Bold roast.

My husband very generously buys me a subscription of Peet's as a Christmas present.  Once a month, for 12 months, I get a one pound bag delivered to our door.  It's convenient and just what I want. 

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi 

Pardon me for asking, but do you have a lot of bathrooms in your house?  Man Surprised  Man Surprised

Respected Contributor

My morning brew is Earl Grey tea. DH is the coffee fiend in the house...and he gets McDonald's coffee if we are on the road...they have a senior coffee but it isn't usually posted on the menu; it's a regular size and can cost from 25 to 75 cents. Otherwise he drinks Kirkland brand decaf house blend...order it online since they don't carry it in our warehouse....DH is very high maintenance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's talk coffee

[ Edited ]

I drink two cups in the morning and maybe one cup in the afternoon.  These are my favorites and I use K-Cups:

#1  McCafe Decaf

#2  Gevalia Decaf

#3  Community Coffee Decaf

#4  Krispy Kreme Decaf

I tried Peets one time.  I had to throw the coffee away -  I thought it was horrible.  Don't care for Starbucks coffee either.

Trusted Contributor

Hey, anyone here ever go to coffee school??Woman LOL  We all had to learn about coffee, etc.

I worked for a major food company for 30 years - 10 years in Purchasing, 15 years in the Maxwell House division, 5 years in International.

Quite honestly, I never purchased coffee while working there, we would just go various closets and take what we wanted.  I also learned to enjoy Gevalia and their European coffees.  Our custodians would go to every pantry each morning ande noonish to make large urns of coffee for us.  Gosh we were spoiled.  Later on, I remember we had a prototype Nespresso style coffee machines, using capsules.  

Those days are long over.  

I have expanded my coffee selection to include Dunkin' lattes, Wegman's flavored coffees, Wawa and LaVazza, among others.

Enjoy your coffee!