Esteemed Contributor

Le Creuset pumpkin dutch ovens

[ Edited ]

Over at everythingkitchens.com, they've just stocked up on their Le Creuset pumpkin dutch ovens, including the new Ganache and Artichaut, and they're offering a free herb planter with purchases over $250:

LCpunk.png

(There's also a white version; it appears the dark orange pot is currently out of stock.)

LE CREUSET NEW ARRIVALS

Now that it's September, perhaps these color and/or dutch oven options will also be coming to QVC soon...

ETA: They also have Le Creuset's 9" pumpkin bakers in Persimmon, White, Meringue, and Sea Salt:

Le Creuset 9" Pumpkin Baker with Lid | Persimmon

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset pumpkin dutch ovens

How adorable and functional for soup in the fall/winter or a veggie stew/pot pie.  Thanks @loriqvc 

Trusted Contributor

That Ganache color is stunning. I have many Le Creuset pieces and I use them all the time. Love the quality and durability. I would love the pumpkin Dutch oven, but with no more room in my kitchen, I'll have to pass.

Trusted Contributor

They are really beautiful but I just don't need any more dutch ovens, and truthfully. . .as I have aged and my RA has progressed I now have trouble lifting them.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I have one, but have never found it to be good to cook in.  It is something I wish I hadn't bought.  The ceramic one looks like it might be more useful than the cast iron.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner - I'm curious about the issues you've experienced when cooking in these dutch ovens—could you share details? I have a "copycat" dutch oven from Cooks Essentials that I purchased many years ago, and I love cooking in it every autumn.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc I don't like the shape, it's hard to stir things, and it is easier to tip it on the burners and it just doesn't heat as evenly.  Plus, the lid has to go on a certain way. It's just a pain to use.

I have a lavender colored flower I think that is a little better, but still really doesn't get used.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner - Interesting . . . thanks! One feature I really like about my Cooks Essentials version is it has a little mark on the lid and oven that show where to line things up.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think they are so cute but so very heavy and would never pay hundreds of $$ for one, but love the colors--the ganache color speaks to me, wouldn't that color look great on appliances??--- the pie plate is nice too--I have a cheapy ceramic soup tureen I got at Cost Plus/World Market for $20 years ago---that is pretty large--when I decorated my dining table I wold use it for a centerpiece--have never used it for soup tho. I think I bought a couple small ones in the orange and that light sage green--used those for sugar bowls.