Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV for 10/6 - does anyone have details?

Ridiculously overpriced, IMO. 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@River Song  Thanks for responding. Woman Happy I changed my order to Merenge because I was worried that it would be too battleship grey.  Now I don't know if I should switch back, but I do think I will like the merengue too. Woman Frustrated

The meringue is lovely, you can't go wrong with either color.  The Le Creuset website has a granite color that is a uniform dark cool gray.  I'm not a fan of cool gray in home decor, seems cold and institutional to me. 

BTW, for anyone that watched the presentation, they also showed a shallow oval pan with a cast iron lid in one of the still photos.  I have that pan in the oyster and the lid is dark with the body of the pan ombre...a really beautiful pan.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Ridiculously overpriced, IMO. 

The price IMO is a good price, although not the steal they are calling it.  Certainly the glass lid is less expensive than the enameled one.  This is not a pot I would use in the oven;  it would be a soup pot for me and the glass lid is my preference in this application.  I prefer my flat bottomed le Creusets for oven use, and the enameled lid is much better in the oven.

I

Trusted Contributor

In the recipe booklet for the previous TSV, the Cassadou with glass lid, it states that the pan is oven safe to 500 F and the glass lid is oven safe to 425 F.  In case anyone out there is wondering.

Esteemed Contributor

While we're chatting about new Le Creuset items, have you seen this seasonal option that was added to the Q's inventory today?  Smiley Happy

https://www.qvc.com/Le-Creuset-225Qt-Holiday-Braiser.product.K62375.html

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

No, and thank you for posting. I hadn't seen that, but I'm safe. I have a similar one with a glass lid.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Has everyone gotten their TSV by now?  Mine came a few days ago.

My thoughts:  It will serve the purpose for which I intended it; to make large portions of soups and stews and be able to see what's going on inside without removing the lid.  The air vent is also a nice feature.

On the other hand, it's not as pretty as the completely enameled pot and lid.  I'm glad I changed my order from the Oyster to the Meringue; it's a nice color which curiously looks very similar to an older color called Dune.

Anyone else get theirs?

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Has everyone gotten their TSV by now?  Mine came a few days ago.

My thoughts:  It will serve the purpose for which I intended it; to make large portions of soups and stews and be able to see what's going on inside without removing the lid.  The air vent is also a nice feature.

On the other hand, it's not as pretty as the completely enameled pot and lid.  I'm glad I changed my order from the Oyster to the Meringue; it's a nice color which curiously looks very similar to an older color called Dune.

Anyone else get theirs?

@faeriemoon I have a lot of dune and love it!  I am envious of the meringue as well!  I have several pieces in oyster--which is a beautiful neutral gray--and yes they look beautiful together. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I see upthread you were thinking about getting this one.  Did you take the plunge?  I think the Meringue (aka Dune) and the Oyster are a great color combo.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Sooner I see upthread you were thinking about getting this one.  Did you take the plunge?  I think the Meringue (aka Dune) and the Oyster are a great color combo.

@faeriemoon No sadly I didn't.  Partly because I was too preoccupied with things to think about it, and partly because it is really heavy and I'm getting older.  AND I do have three big LC's.  

I have an oval 7 qt. and a big red one and a big flat yellow one, so I"m fixed for that and thanks to the virus we aren't having a lot of big groups of people in like we used to!  Football parties and cookouts and such for friends that I miss having!  

Enjoy yours!  Our smaller soup pot 4 plus quart one gets a lot of use, and the 2 or 3 quart one at least 2 times a week.  I throw leftover veggies or pasta sauce in with a can of soup or tomatoes, broth and pasta or rice in for creative (Woman Embarassed) soups!