Honored Contributor

Le Creuset TSV for 10/6 - does anyone have details?

Asking for a friend...

🤷‍♀️

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV for 10/6 - does anyone have details?

If you go to the Program Guide,Weekly, for Oct 6, under the host's name there's "more info" which seems to indicate a Dutch Oven with a reversible Grill top lid.

this may or may not be accurate. One time before they had this item shown and a completely different item was on the show. 

Go to Shop QVC TV at top right of page, to the Weekly guide, and you will see it.

Hope this helps. I think they sold this item described once before, because I bought one!!! I ordered Marseille ( blue) and got Flame!!! ( orange!!) I kept it because it was very pretty in Flame and I didn't have that color yet.

It was: Item # K50610.

Honored Contributor

Hoping it's something other than a pot with a grill lid.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, ladies. The last one I ordered was called a cassadou, but I might be spellingit incorrectly. I like it a lot.  I know my son would like a large Dutch oven for Christmas, but I'm not a fan of the grill-top lids.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The TSV for Oct 6 is up...

It's a  7.5  Quart Classic Chef's Oven with Glass Lid....

Item 51392..... 269.98 with reduced shipping...

It's very nice, but it's the Classic line, which predates the more recent Signature Line....

Classic line have smaller loop handles, and a few other minor differences.

The "Chef's Oven" has sloped sides too.....(as opposed to a Dutch Oven, with flat bottom and straight sides)....

Personally, I prefer the straight sides and flat bottom...you can fit more food, brown food easily, etc, but the Chef's Oven is very nice too.

You can compare the Classic and Signature Lines on You Tube. They both work well, but the Signature Line has much larger loop handles, something to consider for when you are removing the full pot from the oven...

.The larger loops are much easier to grasp with pot holders or oven mitts!!!

I will pass on this item, but if you buy, enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

I think I need the mint.

Deb 

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a direct link: https://www.qvc.com/Le-Creuset-Cast-Iron-75-qt-Classic-Chefs-Oven-with-Glass-Lid.product.K51392.html

If I didn't already have a fantastic braiser, I'd be tempted by this deeper/larger version, especially since they're offering the indigo...

Honored Contributor

Omg. I wish I hadn't asked. I really, really, REALLY do not need one of those, but it's so lovely!  Yikes!  I'm going to need some serious will power to turn that down. I know my son wants a large Dutch oven like the one I have. I'm going to run this by him. If he likes it I will make it his Christmas gift.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

This chef's oven is perfect for me.  I have a large oval enameled cast iron dutch oven but I don't have a large round one.  I got it in Oyster, a lovely taupe.  I purchased the last TSV, the Cassadou, in Meringue, a great cream color, and I use it all the time.  That was a great purchase!

Super Contributor

I'm trying to decide if I should buy this TSV or just get a regular Dutch oven.  Not sure yet which one will be the most useful long term.