Trusted Contributor

@house_cat 

I agree with everything you've said!   The oval skillet is on my list, I've been eyeing that for a few years, I just can't decide on the color. I don't have one color for my pieces. I have a Caribbean, graphite, white/cream, so, those are the colors I'll probably stick with...but I think I want a pop of color- maybe orange or something I never considered before.

I also was thinking of a 3.5-4.5 dutch. I do want a 2.75 because I think the weight is becoming a problem for me, so going lighter is the way I need to go and a 4.5 probably is too much.  I have a 5qt brasier and love it, but I cannot lift the pan and lid together, and even the pan + food, is really too much without aggravating my arm and neck. I think I'm going to get the 3qt brasier and give my 5qt to one of my kids. It's a beautiful and versatile piece.

So my basics are: brasier, dutch, roaster, and a few add on's to replace the bigger pieces. 

I keep them on my stove or counter, and I don't need other items, but I do keep a few stainless, and clad. 

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

I agree that they are heavy.  My coworker, who is a few years younger than me, recently started weight lifting.  She was encouraging me to join her.  I told her that I get all the weight lifting I need in my kitchen, lol.  Of course I was joking, but I do think that as long as I'm able to lift them, it's probably good for me to do so.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

And it already arrived!

IMG_4140.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV UP

[ Edited ]

DH is out of town, visiting his folks, so I had lentil soup and popcorn for dinner... didn't require breaking in my new LC, lol.  I'm very happy with the color, but it is a lot lighter than it seemed on t.v., which I actually like better, but just cautioning other buyers that the cameras really don't show the colors correctly.

Side note:  When Carolyn was presenting it earlier this morning, she stressed how Meredith Lawrence uses nothing but LC for her cooking shows.  I love Carolyn, but I really think that was a questionable thing to say when ML used to be the face of another brand.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I have this size braiser with the cast iron lid and rarely use since I got the 2.25 Qt braiser. I also have two of the 1.5 Qt.  The extra .75 of the 2.25 is so handy just for a little extra stir space without as much mess!