Trusted Contributor

Le Creuset TSV UP

[ Edited ]
K49376
Le Creuset 3.5-qt Buffet Casserole with Glass Lid and Tool

I love LC, and hoped it was a piece I'd want, but this is not. I like the size of the brasier, but not the glass lid.  I'd rather the cast iron lid come with the item  because buying the iron lid later they're harder to come by and match the color of the pan....then later buy a glass lid if I wanted one.

Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

Not what I was expecting but the price is good. Won't be buying...better deals at the outlets right now. 

Honored Contributor

That sounds like stoneware, not cast iron.  It's probably a lovely piece, but I have no need for another baker.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

yikes! almost 9 lbs empty

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

That sounds like stoneware, not cast iron.  It's probably a lovely piece, but I have no need for another baker.

It is cast iron.

I don't like the glass lid either and it's not a size I need. Too bad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV UP

[ Edited ]

I already have a brazier (with a cast iron lid) so I don't need another.

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV UP

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

Ruh roh.... this is a problem. I just noticed you'd posted the item number and when I took a peek at it I realized it is not at all what I was picturing. In fact, I like it a lot. The glass lid is a good idea, because I need to see what's going on it the pot and lifting the lid changes the cooking process for some foods.  I had no intention of buying another piece, but this one is calling my name.

lc.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

go for it !

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat 

I like the size, and I'd buy it right away if it came with a cast iron lid. I can buy a glass lid for not much $, and probably already have one that fits. To buy a cast iron lid that fits, and matched the color, is harder and a lot more $$$$.

I have  a 5qt brasier w/cast lid, love it. If this was the 3.5qt brasier w/CI lid, I'd go for it.  

Last year or, the year before, they offered a 2.75 round dutch w/cast lid for $129 I think, maybe less. I bought 4 for my kids. I wish I would have bought 2 more for myself, and was hoping they'd bring it back. It is wonderful, holds a ton, and never leaves their stove.

They have this at various sites, WS, etc. I'll go there to get the 2.75.

TSV is a nice item, especially if you have any body issues that make it difficult to lift the pan, plus the lid- they are very heavy. I can't lift my 5qt brasier  with lid, and when it has food inside.....NOOOO! So I have to do the pan, then the lid, but, thank goodness, I can slide my LC from the stovetop to my counter to the sink. 

And no matter what, I'm not lifting a hot pot with hot food from the oven, no way.  Someone else has to do  that.

All LC is great IMOCat Very Happy

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

I bought one in oyster.  I already have one I got on deep discount long ago,but I like the bigger handles and am excited about the glass lid.

Those cast iron ones weigh a ton!