New Contributor

Any idea when QVC will have the 3.5 qt stand mixers again? Maybe as a TSV? Hubby and I are now empty nesters and I really don't use my big stand mixer anymore, so I am giving it to my son. I need to replace it with a smaller Kitchenaid.

Respected Contributor

@Kyteecher wrote:

Any idea when QVC will have the 3.5 qt stand mixers again? Maybe as a TSV? Hubby and I are now empty nesters and I really don't use my big stand mixer anymore, so I am giving it to my son. I need to replace it with a smaller Kitchenaid.

You might check Amazon and other kitchen websites. Qvc isn't the only place to buy it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Check Amazon Prime (great selection, free shipping, decent price).  This is where I bought my Kitchen aid Artisan Mixer.

Honored Contributor

Bought mine at Bed and Bath using 20% off coupon

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

[ Edited ]

@Kyteecher 

Not sure but this Sunday is "All Day Cooking" (1/19) and I'll bet they will have KA stand mixer during the shows.

I bought mine from Q when I downsized from my 6 qt. pro lift.  I would never buy a KA mixer with the glass bowl again! Too heavy and cumbersome -- I gave bowl away and ordered SS bowl for it from Amazon.

Not thrilled with the performance but I'm only using it during holiday baking and cooking (doesn't handle heavy dough well) -- it doesn't have the power of my 525w motor with the older larger model.

It's just OK...but price and extras buying from Q were a good deal.

Honored Contributor

Cuisinart makes the best mixers better then KA

I got a Cuisinart and another one and the one mini KA just for looks. LOL

Frequent Contributor

I would do my homework and look at anything other then kitchenaid.....

Valued Contributor

I'm no expert but bear in mind the smaller 3.5 does not have as much power (wattage) as the 5 quart model and I think is less flexible for that reason with tough things like cookie dough.

Respected Contributor

Costco dot com has a KitchenAid 4½ qt. 300W tilt head stand mixer in a choice of silver, black or white for $199 w/free S&H

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I'm no expert but bear in mind the smaller 3.5 does not have as much power (wattage) as the 5 quart model and I think is less flexible for that reason with tough things like cookie dough.

You are right, however I think it would be OK for the amount of cookie dough that the small bowl will hold. I have a 7 Qt that I use for my big batches of cookies and bread dough but the mini is perfect for 1 cake mix, 1 recipe of zucchini bread, whipped cream, etc. I use my mini far more than I thought I would.