Trusted Contributor

Hi, anyone have info? Please post when known.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV March 6

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 - David just shared a sneak peek of the TSV; it will be a 4.25-qt Dutch oven with a two-handled skillet/baker lid (the center item in the photo). A new color exclusive to QVC, emerald, is debuting as part of the TSV.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

ETA: Just to clarify, they called the lid a skillet or baker, but it does not have grill lines on it—it is smooth across the bottom on the inside.
Contributor

thank you so much for the Le Creuset TSV info!  I love LC and have been anxious to know the item.  It looks good, that new green is pretty!

Trusted Contributor

That emerald color looks beautiful in the photo.  I love my LC pans!

Honored Contributor

I don't need that particular piece, but the color was a good choice.  My other pieces are the palm color. If I'm seeing it correctly, I think the emerald will coordinate nicely with my palm.  I'd better not watch the presentation.

cfde51c0efc0932a3ae59aa737acf615_news-from-ireland-latest-irish-news-today-fm-monkey-emoji-clipart_800-766.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Love all my Le Creuset pieces and this color is fabulous!  I only have dutch ovens, so if anyone can answer my qustion, I'd appreciate it. 

QUESTION:  For the pieces that don't have a handle on top, do you find if cumbersome handling the lid with the side handles?  I certainly wouldn't want to drop it, and just wondered when using hot pads or wearing gloves if it feels secure enough to handle or awkward.  Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I do find it cumbersome.  I really do love LeCreuset, but I am NOT going to order it for that reason.  I have (too) 😊 many pieces of LeCreuset, including an oval 4.5 quart dutch oven with a grill pan lid that has a double handled lid.  I rarely use it because it takes two hands to lift the lid.  I prefer to lift the lid with one hand and taste, season or stir with the other.  It cooks great, but I don’t like the annoyance of using two hands to lift the lid and then find a place to set it down before I can attend to the contents.

Just something for you to consider, QVC just put the STAUB 4.5 quart dutch oven on clearance for approx. $119, plus free S&H.  QVC still has many colors in stock.  In fact, I just ordered the STAUB item instead of this upcoming LeCreuset TSV.  I chose this STAUB and 2 other STAUB pieces in a color that would compliment the many LeCreuset pieces I have.  Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either brand.  I cannot see any difference in performance.  Both brands are made in France.  In this case, the upcoming LeCreuset TSV and the STAUB clearance priced dutch oven both hold 4.5 quarts.  The STAUB one just suits my cooking preferences better.  I also already have a LeCreuset braiser which could serve the same purpose as the lid on the upcoming LeCreuset TSV.  And, I highly doubt the LeCreuset will be any less than the STAUB clearance price.  Take a look at the STAUB.  It seems like a great value to me.

Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Love all my Le Creuset pieces and this color is fabulous!  I only have dutch ovens, so if anyone can answer my qustion, I'd appreciate it. 

QUESTION:  For the pieces that don't have a handle on top, do you find if cumbersome handling the lid with the side handles?  I certainly wouldn't want to drop it, and just wondered when using hot pads or wearing gloves if it feels secure enough to handle or awkward.  Thanks!

I had one with a grill lid that they sold here and I didn’t like it. Sold it last year. 

Trusted Contributor

They are showing a shamrock 2 qt online in this emerald color.  So cute !  I can't watch.  I need a LC intervention!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum - In case it matters, the shamrock pot is actually a different color from this new emerald shade—it is darker overall and has less variegation among hues.