Trusted Contributor

I just bought 10 Strong Jalapeno Kind bars yesterday at Trader Joes for .99 each.

Honored Contributor
On 1/31/2015 Sooner said:

Still, if you are eating a lot of these kind of bars it does add up. They shouldn't be considered "healthy" snacks to eat a lot. I don't know anybody who has candy bars on a daily basis or eats several a day. These sort of "health" foods I know people do feel a lot more free to eat.

The "health" bars sure get sold a lot by the box judging from these responses. . .

You are so spot on! Just like the Snackwells/processed food did for the low-fat movement of the 90's, the same will be for the 'healthy'-fat-organic-junk food of today. 10-20 yrs from now, we'll be saying, "what WERE we thinking???" Marketing is pretty powerful....KIND website evokes innocence & caring...weight can be gained & health be compromise because of these 'kind' snacks. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Sidenote: Years ago, I read.......USA is the only country on EARTH that has 'snacks'. If you're hungry 4-5 hrs after eating your meal...TRULY hungry....then slightly increase the amount of calories of your main meal. Snacks are not needed. Just gives us permission to eat more than we need in calories. Ah, reminds me of the Taco Bell commercial, "Fourth Meal".

Esteemed Contributor

I went into a Duane Reade which is NYC's largest drug store chain and KIND Bars were on the checkout line for $2.79, with about six varieties. They are not sold in boxes. So when people become indignant as in "Why on earth would anyone buy KIND bars from QVC?", to many shopppers it is a bargain compared to alternatives.

Respected Contributor
On 1/31/2015 sidsmom said:
On 1/31/2015 Sooner said:

Still, if you are eating a lot of these kind of bars it does add up. They shouldn't be considered "healthy" snacks to eat a lot. I don't know anybody who has candy bars on a daily basis or eats several a day. These sort of "health" foods I know people do feel a lot more free to eat.

The "health" bars sure get sold a lot by the box judging from these responses. . .

You are so spot on! Just like the Snackwells/processed food did for the low-fat movement of the 90's, the same will be for the 'healthy'-fat-organic-junk food of today. 10-20 yrs from now, we'll be saying, "what WERE we thinking???" Marketing is pretty powerful....KIND website evokes innocence & caring...weight can be gained & health be compromise because of these 'kind' snacks. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Sidenote: Years ago, I read.......USA is the only country on EARTH that has 'snacks'. If you're hungry 4-5 hrs after eating your meal...TRULY hungry....then slightly increase the amount of calories of your main meal. Snacks are not needed. Just gives us permission to eat more than we need in calories. Ah, reminds me of the Taco Bell commercial, "Fourth Meal".

Diabetics are supposd to eat 6 times a day to keep their sugars balanced.

Many diet books have these in between snacks also.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*