Super Contributor

Is there a differece between these KA models?

I have a (actually I have two) KA stand mixer, 6qt, bowl lift, 575 Watt that pretty much look like the TSV.

The only differece that I can see is that mine do not say Professional in the front. Does that word mean something? Are these the same thing just that mine a re a couple of years old?

I hardly ever use them at all 

TIA Cat Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a differece between these KA models?

I hardly ever use mine either. Putting the bowl on and getting it off is a sruggle no one should go though. I will eventially get a mixer that the head tilts. I think this is on sale because it is a monster to deal with. I hate mine.If you have a liquid in it , you will be wearing the contents. I wouldn't recommend this mixer  to my worst enemy.I have so many products in my home by kitchen aid, that I love, so whoever invented this wasn't a baker.

Super Contributor

LOL @HLP

In my case, it's not the machine's fault, I'm just not a cook but I have this fantasy of making all kinds of dishes using this machine but never do.

They make it look so easy don't they. It probably is, just not for me.

I also have I think, 4 of the 5 quart machines, I know I know, I keep wanting another color. I have become a joke in my house when it comes to stand mixers, lucky I have a huge pantry to store them.

I have made pasta once using one of the 5 quart machines and I have to say it was super easy,  it kneaded the dough and then cut it in to fettuccines, I was super proud.

If it's kneading large batches that you need and you don't like KA you should consider the Bosch Universal machine.

My mother has that and loves it but I don't know if it does more than kneading, but it does that very well and it's a strong machine that can handle a lot of dough,

Honored Contributor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the "professional" mixer is the kind with a lift bowl, as opposed to a tilt head.

WM has a 4.5 quart tilt head for $189, in stores & on their website.

Respected Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

I have a (actually I have two) KA stand mixer, 6qt, bowl lift, 575 Watt that pretty much look like the TSV.

The only differece that I can see is that mine do not say Professional in the front. Does that word mean something? Are these the same thing just that mine a re a couple of years old?

I hardly ever use them at all 

TIA Cat Happy

The 6 at professional on Amazon is 575 watts also so I would guess it is a distinction without a difference.

Valued Contributor

If you do some research that 6 quart pro is the least recommended model of them all.  Very loud motor for one but there are other problems too.