Honored Contributor

WHATEVER DAVID SHOWS, DAVID SELLS

I know some are annoyed by what they consider wrong for the kitchen -  but lots of us are not.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHATEVER DAVID SHOWS, DAVID SELLS

He can sell snow & ice to Eskimos.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I've come to expect it, this selling of tangential kitchen things, on ITKWD.  That's what businesses do - maximize profits.  Along the way, if intangibles emerge (DV), it's special.

Kudos to David for turning his appeal into a working success.  The show gets less airtime in my home, but I'm sure there are many others who see it differently.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I like David.  I read somewhere that he is the top selling host on QVC.  He is just so natural.  I know he plays on that, but it works.

Honored Contributor

When there is something being shown I am not interested in, especially non kitchen items  I dont watch and do something around the house, such as dust, laundry, etc.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

But he hardly ever cooks.

Honored Contributor

@ImaoldhippieWorks for me.  I almost never watch any silver shows, any clothing shows except Graver, or cosmetics (except skincare).

The difference is that I don't think QVC should change those shows because someone likes them.  Doesn't really matter that I don't.

As for all the blather (not from you) about QVC watching its bottom line -  there isn't a successful business anywhere that doesn't watch its bottom line.  Sears isn't declaring bankruptcy because its bottom line look good!  They've been struggling to change that for years now.

Trusted Contributor

He sells, sells, sells.....that is what QVC cares about.

And he represents them well in my opinion.  One thing I do notice, he does not like when there are camera or any kind of mistakes on his shows.  You look at his face when that happens and he seems annoyed.  Hes probably a perfectionist...

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

But he hardly ever cooks.

That's because he's a salesman ... and a good one! Go David go!!!

He's paid to sell. The only time he needs to cook is when cooking for a few minutes helps him promote sales of some item.

Honored Contributor

He appeals to a certain segment of the population who enjoys the down-home boy approach and watches him and believes everything he says.

He is good at his job.