Respected Contributor

Re: In or Out? Stuffing or Dressing?

For many years with a turkey the dressing was cooked inside.  Now we only do turkey breasts so it's outside.  Either way, YUM!  

Honored Contributor

Dressing, scooped and flattened into patties, baked at 400 for 25-30 minutes.

I made a 22 cup Tupperware bowl full, altho between teacher daughter's tastings and what she took with her to boyfriends house, there will only be one pan full for us, which is not enough to last until Friday, let alone the weekend.   

Super Contributor

Cook inside all that will fit and then cook the rest outside and mix together in one serving bowl. Call it dressing; call it stuffing; I don't care, I just love it. Yum!

Respected Contributor

Grew up with sage dressing. It's dressing unless it's stuffed into the bird. Then it's stuffing. My cousin hosts thanksgiving dinner. She and I had the same gramma so I know that Leslie is making dressing just as we always ate at gramma's house 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

In! Stuffing!

Sausage and Chestnut stuffing!

Although, this year, I did make extra to cook in a pan. After the turkey comes out of the oven, I'll use some of the juices to put over it and bake it, covered.🦃

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

We do both, oyster dressing & sausage stuffing

And we don't eat turkey so they get prepared in a casserole dish

Respected Contributor

I'm making my cornbread, cranberry and sausage stuffing/dressing as  stuffin' muffins ( just portioned out and baked in muffin pan). I want to stay home this year by myself and I can have a couple of portions and freeze the rest easily. 

Respected Contributor

Sage dressing, I quit stuffing birds ages ago.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I still make my grandmothers simple bread stuffing in the bird.  Whole family usises the same recepie, now in it's 4th generation.

Honored Contributor

always dressing, never stuffing......cooked in a separate pan with turkey juices added along with chicken broth.....very basic dressing that tastes soooooooo good! bread cubes (half seasoned, half plain), celery, onion, salt, pepper, eggs, butter, turkey juices and broth/stock.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein