Respected Contributor

Re: If it's not on the counter...I won't use it...

Our kitchens should please us whether we love them with nothing on the counters or loaded to the hilt.  Kitchens that are devoid of anything that looks like cooking happens can be breathtaking in their beauty.   My kitchen satisfies my eyes, creative needs, and physical limitations.

It is interesting what causes us anxiety, isn't it?  Kind of funny.  If someone stripped my kitchen counters bare I'd think they were moving me out.  I might lose a sense of any kitchen inspiration.  Where are my oils, spices, coffee beans, my marble, my wood, and the machines that do everything for me?  Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 : and I have the smaller of the two sizes!

Honored Contributor

I can't even IMAGINE bending over to pick up a KA mixer!   Ekkkkkkk!

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain @Nataliesgramma , both figuratively and literally!

I actually don't buy many small appliances that I might like to try (like an air fryer or a mult pot, and even a VitaMix) because I don't want them sitting out, and I don't have the space to store them in cabinets or the desire to haul them out every time I use them. 

I won't even leave a toaster sitting out, and we use it almost daily. 

I do have a Kitchen Aid mixer out and against my will, the Keurig (hubby uses it, I don't), and that is it for appliances sitting out, and I really begrudge him the Keurig, because it doesn't get used enough to justify the space used. I've thought about putting a coffee bar in the laundry room for him, but lacking the right kind of space there too! LOL

I am at the age where convenience and accessibility are more important, so I can see the lure of wanting to leave those heavy things out and where they will be used more. I can see me at the same point in the not too distant future!

Valued Contributor

I leave a few things out but I put away my crock pot, air fryer, instant pot, etc.  I have my kitchen aid on a cart in the closet.  I know its a pain but I refuse to clutter up my counters.  I already have a coffee pot, toaster and vitamix on it.