Honored Contributor

Re: If it's not on the counter...I won't use it...

I have appliances out on the countertops and some stored in the cabinets.  I the ones I use most often are out.

Honored Contributor

Key is to have a counter shelf going all the way around your actual counter top. Put stuff up on the counter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only appliance on my counter is a Keurig. I do have a food processor and a blender but they are in a wall kitchen cabinet. Crock pot in bottom cabinet on pull out shelf. Nothing else. Don’t need it.

Respected Contributor

I have a tiny gallery kitchen and it is covered with everything I use, I barely have room to prep, one tiny spot next to the sink. oh well...

I even have stuff on the floor that I have to walk around. It is what it is. It's just me so I live with it. I like to cook.

Honored Contributor

The only appliances I keep on my counter are the two that are used every day...coffee maker and food processor.

The rest are stored in a cupboard and a few that I only use seasonally are in the basement.

I bought a Origami kitchen cart for a lady that I take care of to store her appliances on.  She can use most of the while still on the cart, which is counter height and not have to lift or move them.  If I had room for one in my kitchen, I'd have one too.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the counter space/cabinet  to store all the small appliances I have ,so I have a rolling cart that has 2 shelves that I put my VM, crock pot, KA mixer, rice cooker and a couple other things on--it tucks in nicely at the side of my refer and I just roll it out to the counter to put ontop. Works very nicely.

Honored Contributor

Like others I have limited counter and pantry space but I did have floor space.  I bought a tall metal shelving unit that's heavy and very stable.  I put all my small appliances on these shelves.  I can actually use them on the shelf or easily pick it up and move it to the counter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always kept our most used small appliances on my counters.

I have a paper towel dispenser, coffee maker, knife sharpener on one counter, bread machine & Vitamix on another counter, vacuum sealer, butter boat, toaster, couple of Debbie Meyer green boxes that always have bread or rolls in them plus a small caddy I keep bills in or things that need to be done. On the higher bar top counter I have a fruit basket plus DH likes to use his laptop there. I have to get out the pressure cooker or crockpot if I'm using those as I don't keep those out. I also have a countertop oven but keep it in the dining room on a cart with wheels so it's easily movable right off the kitchen. It's so much easier to use in there & out of my way in the kitchen. It comes in handy during the Holiday's. I don't think my counters looked cluttered. If they did I would have to put some things away. I hate clutter. Drives me crazy.

I would love one of those pop up gadgets you put your mixer on that pops up for use when you open the cabinet.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

I have very limited counter space, so my KitchenAid mixer, crockpot, etc. stays in the pantry and I have to lug that beast into the kitchen to use it, or corral hubby to bring it in for me.

With diminishing grip, fingers and wrist strength, I also avoid needing to use it much these days. 

Our microwave, toaster and coffee machine takes up all of the counter space that I'm willing to give up!

@KingstonsMom 

That's quite the chore moving the KitchenAid Mixer to the counter from the pantry. It's so heavy. If I had to do that I would never use it. I put small round felt pads on the bottom of just to make it easier to move across the counter. I have sliders on all the heavy stuff on the counter. It makes it easier to move everything for the weekly cleaning with clorox wipes.  

DH only cleans the visible surface after he's been cooking. I have to go behind him to clean up any leftover flour, sugar etc. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@queendiva I agree with you 100%, the Foodi is big and ugly.  I have the white / black one and it looks like a Star Wars stormtrooper.  I think it will eventually go to my 23 year old son and just use my french door Oster counter top oven.