Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@comedy clubber wrote:

I am so sick of the happy dance, flapping fingers and especially the inappropriate use of derogatory name calling of women such as "hello pretty", "bread and butter", etc by David Venable.  He needs to grow up and wise up to the ME TOO movement.

I agree.  All the ladies are "sweetie", "angel", etc.  Don't need the "hip bumps" either.

I think people are used to his personality, and a lot of those terms of endearment are Southern specialties--believe me, I've got a whole family full of ladies and gentlemen who can't seem to speak to a woman without such catchphrases, and they are good-hearted people who mean nothing by them.

It also seems clear that some vendors must not want/appreciate his more affectionate gestures, since I've definitely noticed presentations where he only does handshakes and has much more calm, professional behavior. I am guessing that he is either sensitive to specific interactions or has been coached to be so.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Respected Contributor

And You forgot BOO !!!

Occasional Contributor

Hi, Everyone.  I am curious...  Do any of you dislike it when ITKWD time is spent selling the TSV when it has nothing to do with the kitchen?  I hate that!!!!  I think ITKWD--or any other kitchen-related programming--should not be watered down with selling the TSV unless it is about the kitchen, of course.  Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@Newlife I think QVC got the message as David just announced the entire four hours is kitchen/food related.  No TSV presentations . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I thought it was cute when he stuck half of a honey bell orange in his mouth

LOL

Respected Contributor

You should hear what they say about us. Woman LOL

I always find in real life when people start to irritate me that it is time to put some distance in our togetherness. @luvmybeetle sounds like what you are doing. btw I like your cat picture !

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I thought it was cute when he stuck half of a honey bell orange in his mouth

LOL

@SharkE  I disagree--when a "man of a certain age" acts that way on air grinning like a little boy with an orange sticking out of his mouth, I do not call it cute, it is immature and unprofessional!  

Honored Contributor

To each his own .