Honored Contributor

QVC has finally acquired the new Ninja combo pressure cooker/air fryer.  Many people have been waiting for this and it's now listed with "New Arrivals".  It certainly is unattractive; You'd think they could have jazzed it up a bit.  Looks like something from a Frankenstein movie. K48789.

20190126_113925.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Reminds me of a deep sea diving helmut.  I don't know why - it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the new Ninja.

Image result for deep sea diving helmet

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

When I first saw it, I wondered why in the world would they have made it so ugly-looking!

Respected Contributor

You can get the same 6.5 qt size on the Ninja website for $199.80 with free shipping and handling..  Many excellent reviews.  I love my other Ninja products.  Thinking about getting this one  because I want to try air frying. 

Now that I think about it, I don't think any of my kitchen appliances are that 'attractive' to begin with, so I'm not worried about how it looks - more concerned with how it works and the end result..

Trusted Contributor

You can also get it at Bed bath &Beyond for 191.99 using their 20% off coupon and free shipping or pick in store.

Respected Contributor

I do have this - got it at Sam's for less money and free shipping. It is certainly not attractive and is very heavy - 30 lbs. So don't get it unless you can leave it out on the counter. I have a counter top between my pantry and wall ovens to keep heavy appliances and I do use appliance covers so it doesn't look bad and is not in the way.

It's a good appliance for me because I am not fond of pressure cookers and this is so, so easy to use that I am more likely to use it. If you use the sear function first it comes to pressure in 5 minutes. And the crisper function works well also.

Like I said, not for everyone, but all the functions (sear, pressure, crisp and slow cook) work as advertised.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it at Kohl's. Big and ugly. Too ugly to take up valuable real estate on my kitchen counter!

Honored Contributor

RED?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

RED?

Not yet! LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE Fashionable Black/Dark Grey.  Darth Vader approved! Robot LOL