Honored Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@momtochloe  Thanks for the reccommedation on the InstaPot.  One, I can't afford one right now, and two, I still have my Emeril T-Fal pc, which hasn't conked out yet.  Probably because I rarely use it, even after almost 2 years.  LOL  But I have heard so much positivity regarding InstaPots, that when my Emeril pc does conk out, I am definitely going to check out an InstaPot.  I think I might try a 6-quart, which is the size my Emeril one is.  I have a few pressure cooker cookbooks, and the 6-quart size seems to be the prevailing size mentioned in the recipes.  America's Test Kitchen reccomends an 8-quart size pc (if I recall correctly, that is), but that's too big for my family.  What is the quart size of your IP?  Thanks again.  :-)

keep watching Amzn, they run "sales" on the instant pot and you could get a good price

@jackthebear  Thanks!  I do love Amazon.  Sales are great.  Will keep my eyes peeled, definitely considering the IP when the time comes for me to get a new pc.

I love mine,   @Ruthie-Roo 

Honored Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

Without question I would recommend the Instant Pot pressure cooker for several reasons. The Instant Pot is the ONLY product the company makes so pressure cookers are clearly their focus. It's designed in Canada by the company. That's not true for the Power PC. That's sold by a marketing (not a design) company that markets all kinds of products, not cookware. 

When Amazon had its special deal day a couple of months ago, 250,000 Instant Pots were sold on that day alone. That's incredible. Their customer support is considered outstanding. While not having had to  personally contact their customer service, IP customer service monitors things like Amazon customer reviews and when a customer or potential customer expresses concerns or asks a question, someone from the actual company often responds to the person posting the concern or question. I'm not aware of any maker of pressure cookers or other cookware that does that. When customers contact their customer service department they get a response. In other words it appears that the Instant Pot Customer Service is more responsive and available to customers than any other maker of digital pressure cookers available.

It's my understanding that Instant Pot is now by far the best selling digital pressure cooker. If you have any questions at all, join the Instant Pot Community on Facebook. It has 122,000+ members. There's no question you could have that you couldn't get an answer to there. I don't think there's another Facebook anything like it. I've had an IP for about a year now and can't say enough good things about it. Please seriously consider the IP rather than the Cuisinart, Cook's Essentials or the Power PC XL. I think you'll love it at so many others do.

I joined that group when it began about 2K members!, I left it recently as is repetitive AFA questions being asked but for new users it is great.

The price on Prime Day was amazing too,

Honored Contributor

Re: I am so steamed!

[ Edited ]

I bought my good ol' NON ELECTRONIC pressure cooker over 20 years ago on QVC - one pressure lid with 2 sized bases, a 6 qt and a 2 qt, and it's still going strong.

Over time I've gotten more and more suspicious of electronic kitchen ware, and for the most part I avoid it.

Just went and looked- mine is a MAGEFESA.

Trusted Contributor

Wow! You folks really love your Instant Pot!  I indulged myself yesterday while in Williams Sonoma and took a close look at the $250 Breville.  What a gorgeous machine! However, I just can not justify spending that kind of money when there are perfectly good options for much less.  I will look at some additional Instant Pot reviews as well as Cuisinart PC videos/reviews.  Jeepers, I'm thinking harder about this purchase than I would a car!  LOL! 

Thanks again to all for your input, it has REALLY helped me.  Keep them coming, I check back to this post every day or so to see if anyone new has weighed in.

Super Contributor

I have a CE 6 quart I got last Septmeber, first arrived with a sizeable dent, they replaced it, no hassle there, even sent me a new handle for the glass lid that I dropped and broke, no extra charge there. But if mine dies, or just up and croaksm I'm seriously considering replacing it with the 6 quart Cuisinart, gets great reviewsm and very easy to use

@Sammijo10 wrote:

No pun intended, but my Cooks Essentials 6 qt pressure cooker conked out right in the middle of my making dinner last night!  I looked it up and I had it two years TO THE DAY - ordered it on September 10, 2014.  Used it maybe three/four times a month.  I finally convinced myself to get one (hate cooking gadgets) and we were really liking the great flavor of everything I was making. Liked that it did rice as well as slow cooked. I was getting a little creative, too.  Made a really tasty Paella in it (not an AUTHENTIC Spanish Paella, but one that was pretty good for us).

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what brand I should try next?  

Super Contributor

Evine has a great price on the 6 quart Cuisinart, good solid reviews too.

Super Contributor

Check out this guy's youtube channel. He now has 7 pressure cookers.  The one he's unboxing is made in the same factory as the Instant Pot. He says his favorite is his first one the Cuisinart.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpnlUVtbLV8

Contributor

I have Emeril's and love it.  I use it 3 or 4 times a week and have for the last 5 years. 

Valued Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

Check out this guy's youtube channel. He now has 7 pressure cookers.  The one he's unboxing is made in the same factory as the Instant Pot. He says his favorite is his first one the Cuisinart.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpnlUVtbLV8

Frankly I doubt that this fellow knows where the Instant Pot is manufactured. Yes, it's true that most if not all digital pressure are made in China or another Asian country, but more important is where they were designed. The Instant Pot was designed in Canada by their company's engineers. So even if the PC in the video was made in the same factory as the IP, it matters not.