Honored Contributor

I need to buy some of these and wanted to know if you have bought any that were really good or really bad!  Locally would be nice--not expecting world class, just good enough to be fun and taste like popcorn.

Also, do they indicate where they were made?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  I've used Johnson's Popcorn from OC, New Jersey and Emma's Popcorn from New Holland, PA. Both are very good, but the shipping charges are a consideration.

Honored Contributor

Popcorn Factory is good.

Respected Contributor

Last night I purchased one in Walmart because the puppies on the outside were adorable.  

The popcorn, cheese, butter, and caramel are delicious, but the bags were much smaller than in previous years.  We didn't, but DH and I could have finished the whole tin.  The cost was just under $7.   

I have to look for larger containers. 😄. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Walmart has them for under $7.00. Not the greatest but not bad either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner 

@Sooner wrote:

I need to buy some of these and wanted to know if you have bought any that were really good or really bad!  Locally would be nice--not expecting world class, just good enough to be fun and taste like popcorn.

Also, do they indicate where they were made?  

I buy them every year.  I never had a bad can. Unfortunly for me, I start eating and say, "one more hand full".  Still saying the same thing an hour later.  I love popcorn.  Not a candy eater ,cakes, or cookies. Just once in a great while, but popcorn, my drug of choice.

I'm sure though, they keep the unopen cans that don't sell for the next year, but never got a stale one.

New Contributor

Garrett's,  Chicago. 

I just bought one at Aldi's for 5.99. 3 varieties included.  Haven't opened it yet in case I need it for a gift. Just had to get one to see how it is. 

Honored Contributor

@Deb cakes wrote:

Garrett's,  Chicago. 

I just bought one at Aldi's for 5.99. 3 varieties included.  Haven't opened it yet in case I need it for a gift. Just had to get one to see how it is. 

@Deb cakes Oh absolutely!  You must! Woman WinkWoman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Holiday Popcorn In Tins

[ Edited ]

Over the years these Holiday Popcorn Tins have gotten much smaller in size and more pricier like everything else, you can sometimes get them on sale, I have purchased these locally to add to family gifts and for myself, the popcorn is very good and fresh.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have noticed the tins have gotten smaller.  At first glance, one may not notice it, but when you look closely or hold it up to an older one, you can see the difference.  But as they say, does size really matter?  Woman Wink

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread