Respected Contributor

If it were me, I wouldn't eat before hosting the food shows either. Seems rather intuitive. Woman Indifferent  

Esteemed Contributor

Dan Wheeler returned as a VENDOR and ate his own food.  Now that was a first. 

Hope David doesn't eat before his kitchen show - - and it's eating cake before the meatballs that turns my stomach.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Jinlei and @ScarletDove and @Patriot3 - I agree! Both of them need some serious training on how to behave when eating on television. Alberti is generally fine on other shows, but on Gourmet Holiday, it's like he's not thinking about what he's doing at all—and that's surprising because I know he had Sharon as a mentor for some time, and although I didn't love her style, she never acted unprofessional. I don't watch anything Rachel hosts, so enough said there.

We have a few more weeks where we'll be seeing a lot of these shows leading up to spring holidays and the end of the cold-weather shipping season, so the Q really should get these two (and all the newer foodie hosts) some good coaching...

You know, David shovels the food in and he is quite successful, so maybe he is their model for hosting the food shows 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

It makes me laugh when they take a honking shovel full, stuff it into their mouths, then cover their mouths with their hands while they keep talking...lol

Wouldn't you just take a smaller portion, finish chewing and then talk?

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Hope David doesn't eat before his kitchen show - - and it's eating cake before the meatballs that turns my stomach.

What vendor is Dan Wheeler with?

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt 

But he does eat his David’s cookies and cakes.

Esteemed Contributor

People who audit, count and complain about what people eat are really awful.

Honored Contributor

SMH.  I don't know what people expect, when any host is presenting a food show.  They have to taste the food.  Some are better at it than others.  I saw Alberti maybe two nights ago?  And I thought he was quite restrained and well-mannered about it.  Taking small bites of things and not talking while eating.

Sometimes it seems none of the hosts can catch a break.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt.  I was just going to comment about Dan but you beat me to it.  Usually the host samples the food while the vendor describes its deliciousness.  Dan apparently has not yet grasped his new role as, when I saw him recently, he was shoveling it in like he always did.  He won't last long at that rate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care