Respected Contributor

Boy, they sure looked interesting and are probably delish, but the price scares me.  I wonder if you could get thick slices of German bologna, grill them and have almost the same thing.  At least a full pack of burger rolls would be used if you were serving both hotdogs and burgers.

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post.  I just didn't know where to put it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Round Hotdogs

The price is ridiculous and I find them visually unappealing. Give me a pack of Hebrew National any day!

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Boy, they sure looked interesting and are probably delish, but the price scares me.  I wonder if you could get thick slices of German bologna, grill them and have almost the same thing.  At least a full pack of burger rolls would be used if you were serving both hotdogs and burgers.

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post.  I just didn't know where to put it.

I also thought they looked interesting, but the price is crazytown. However, they did give me the idea to try buying the jumbo beef dogs at the grocery store, butterflying them, grilling or panfrying them, and then cutting them in half to see how they'd fit in a burger bun. I don't need special grill marks to enjoy a hot dog. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Their prices are too steep for my taste. I've watched a few shows, but I've figured out the price per pound and that is some expensive meats. I get the feeling that Kansas City Steaks are on their way out. And has the guy with the chicken been back? They've gotten more types of food items, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for them. I'll stick to my local stores for groceries. I can look at what I'm buying and decide if it looks like what I want. On some of the items, if I pay that much, I want it cooked and with sides. Also, they do the dishes after the meal. That much for just the one item that I have to prepare, I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

The price is ridiculous and I find them visually unappealing. Give me a pack of Hebrew National any day!

@Love my grandkids, I also think they are visually unappealing! I love Rastelli, so I was surprised to be so immediately turned off by these.

It does remind me of the days when I was a child and my dad loved thick cut fried bologna sandwiches.  I didn't like those then either. 

There's something to be said for proper ratio of meat to bun to mustard. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

The picture reminds me of bologna and I love all-meat bologna. However I buy so few food products on-line but there’s something for everyone.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

I also thought they looked interesting, but the price is crazytown. However, they did give me the idea to try buying the jumbo beef dogs at the grocery store, butterflying them, grilling or panfrying them, and then cutting them in half to see how they'd fit in a burger bun. I don't need special grill marks to enjoy a hot dog. Smiley Happy

My husband does this with the jumbo Hebrew National all-beef hotdogs I buy at BJ’s. They’re delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

They are  NOT good ,imo 

They were hard and heavy ,if you know what I mean ,not light and fluffy like the HN hot dogs are.

I did not like them at all!

Honored Contributor

LightLife (the price is right at Trader Joe's) or, even better the carrot variety.HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

They don't appeal to me at all - hot dogs disguised as hamburgers!  Who thought the world needed that?!

rastellis.JPG