Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Round Hotdogs

@loriqvc wrote:

@Tigriss - Actually, that's just their version of lobster tails...   Smiley LOL

@loriqvc Yeah  That would be a much better pic if it was labeled lobster tails instead of beef medallions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc Yeah  That would be a much better pic if it was labeled lobster tails instead of beef medallions.

@Tigriss - Just to make sure, because I know sometimes emojis don't show up properly in the forums, you saw the laughing face and realize I'm kidding, right? I just thought it would be funny if those were beef medallions in lobster tail shapes like the hot dogs that are in a burger shape. (Sometimes it's not worthwhile to joke when you have to explain it . . . ah, the wonders of technology.)

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc We did that a couple of times.  It worked, but why  bother.  We buy Hebrew National jumbo franks, heat them in a pan of water (per instructions on the package), put them on a bun and enjoy!!!

Trusted Contributor

No matter how they cut it, it's just hot dogs.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc Yeah, I know you were laughing. Who couldn't at something so obvious and crazy. I didn't read the description about why they were that shape but hmmm....they need to rethink that. That is a bit like passing off a veggie burger as a real burger but gosh beef as lobster, nope not happening unless some serious drugs are involved.
Respected Contributor

@wishmoon Nope that is EXPENSIVE hot dogs for just the dog at $2.92 a dog in the 24 pack not including tax and shipping. At least put something on the dog to make the price so high.
Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@wishmoonNope that is EXPENSIVE hot dogs for just the dog at $2.92 a dog in the 24 pack not including tax and shipping. At least put something on the dog to make the price so high.

@Tigriss That's a mighty steep hot dog. I haven't eaten a hot dog in years but drown them in onions and mustard (so you can't taste the hot dog). What fast food joint made a square burger? It was just a greasy burger.

Valued Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Who buys and eats this stuff?  👎👎

Looks like bologna reimagined.   All hot dogs, bologna, and other processed meats are chock full of unknown meat products.   Loaded with nitrates and nitrites , and other ingredients that will  cause you to get cancer.   Leads to an early horrible death. ☠️

Hot dogs and bologna are TWO of the grossest and unhealthiest foods on the planet. I am surprised that people eat either of these.

Valued Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

So I went to check out what you all were talking about.  I searched for Rastelli.  I got everything they sell here, but boy did this pic throw my brain.  I find it suggestive.  They could have chosen round medallions for this steak medallion picture for item M63228.

Rastalii.JPG

That looks DISGUSTING.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

NO WAY these are lobster tails. It's BEEF. NO ONE serves lobster tails with gravy.