Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Your Easter/Passover Menu And Plans Changed?

Having lived in The Big City, there are times I miss the choices available. There's no running out to Big Box, ethnic or kosher anything here!

A locally owned steakhouse offering a holiday meal to go. If I cook at home I could dupe the steakhouse butters by adding cinnamon and honey to Kerry Gold I already have.

I'll have to dig thru some recipes to see if I can work up a marinade or steak rub.

Cheesecake about now would be divine! 😙

Respected Contributor

No family gathering.   I've got a small spiral ham in the fridge and bought a bag of dried split peas.  Going to have the ham with some steamed veggies on Easter. Freeze the extra ham and make Pea soup with the bone.  Can Freeze that too.  Dare I admit to buying the ham just so I could get the bone for the soup?

Honored Contributor

Most peiple making their own Passover Seders this year, not in groups as usual. The one my daughter goes to is usually 40 people. 

Honored Contributor

Of course we are under "stay at home" and sadly, that's changed everything☹️

Easter is usually a big family  gathering.  My kids come here first then we fly home for Easter.

Honestly, the days are all running together and I almost forgot today was Palm Sunday.

As for us -- right now no plans. 

Honored Contributor

Easter is usually church, so we're home now and that's that.  No big family meal has been a tradition for so long with us because no big, or little, family!  LOL!!!

So food part of Easter is not something we think about anyway. 

Respected Contributor

Going to shake things up this year and attack the chocolate bunny feet-first instead of from the ears on down. Wish me luck! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Easter is not really a big deal for DH. 

In my family it's a huge family affair (cancelled) 

My brother & I this year were going go see Jesus Christ Superstar with Ted Neely and Yvonne Elliman. VIP tickets (Cancelled).  We were going to skip the family event because we both love JCS.  We thought it was a once in a lifetime event.

So now I don't know.  I'll text my brother to have him watch JCS on blueray.  DH & I will have a nice meal. I pray a lot.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann 

OMG Thank you I needed a good laugh today!!!!!

I might even go buy a chocolate bunny just to eat it this way 

😂😂😂😂😂

Regular Contributor

I usually do a ham dinner for my son and dil and this year there's a new baby. We eat out on the patio as the Phoenix weather is beautiful  We'll continue that tradition except that we'll hopefully be doing it around Memorial Day.  I'd like to think we'll be out of this by then.  Stay at home.  Stay healthy 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, rather than a family carry-in with ham, baked beans scalloped potatoes, veggies, etc., it will now probably be Mexican take out.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown