Honored Contributor

Re: Has Your Easter/Passover Menu And Plans Changed?

Probably grilled cheese sandwiches for us.  Seriously, doesn't it feel like Easter should be long over by now????  Time is all distorted right now but I feel we should be well past Easter. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

plans have changed to no plans......

we usually go to the beach for a while during this period of time. we cannot go down to our second home. we usually eat out at a wonderful hotel who has a buffet on easter sunday. that, of course, is closed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a ham from the Q.  If I get it, I'll cook that along with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole (if I can get the ingredients) and make a dessert.  It's just me and my furbaby, Eddy, and I'l bring my neighbor across the street a dinner and extra's.  I'd bring her over here, but she's 90yo and has asthma so can't chance it.

If the ham doesn't come this week, I'll cook up some steak-mms recently got from the Q. and give her some Cheryl's cookies and the TSV chocolates also recently received.

Last time I checked our store had nil for frozen veggies.  Hate to pick up fresh now 'cause I feel canned/frozen safer, just how I feel.  But their online flyer shows plent of hams on asparagus on special this week!

Respected Contributor

I have to say, with everything going on, Easter snuck up on me.  Yes, our plans have changed, but not too much.  It's just me, my husband, and our two children.  We won't be able to go to Mass, but will watch on tv.  As for our meal, sometimes we go out, since it's just four of us, but we'll have an informal meal consisting of ham, to make sandwiches with yeast rolls, pasta salad, chips, garden salad, and I'll make a simple dessert. 

If the weather is nice, we'll go for a walk in the neighborhood, we'll have Easter baskets, and spend the day relaxing, putting together a jigsaw puzzle, just enjoying the day.  Hope everyone is staying safe and a joyous Easter/Passover to those who celebrate!

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 Easter is a week from Sunday.The date is 4-20-2020.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 Make something easy like hot pockets and macaron saladi or potato salad, and baked beans and snowball lunch cakes. Use you imagination and keep it simple and fun.

Super Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Please look at your calendar again. Easter Sunday is 4-12-2020.

Respected Contributor

Everything has changed for our family ! We usually get together with my son in laws big family. Normally it’s about 30 people. We all cook something. Now we probably will do some video Seder, if it will be possible.  Very sad....

So it will be just my husband and I. But I will make a chicken soup with matzo balls( tonight). And will broil some lamb shoulders plus salad and wine!

will try to make the best out of this year situation. Another plague will pass eventually....

Thank G-d everybody is ok and the stores in my area have absolutely everything.

Wishing all of you here to be healthy and have wonderful Passover and Easter!

Regular Contributor

My husband is the organist at a wonderful Lutheran church in Louisville, KY.  I believe that this will be the first year in our married life (almost 35 years) that we will not be at the church on Easter or during Holy Week.  We usually go out for dinner after the services are over but, as that is not an option this year, we are doing something entirely different from anything we've ever done.  We've ordered pizza from Lou Malnotti's in Chicago.  My husband and my mother, who lives with us, are both big pizza fans and we've heard about Lou Malnotti's for many years.  I figured since everything is off kilter right now, let's go with the flow and try something new and fun.

Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

Please look at your calendar again. Easter Sunday is 4-12-2020.

The Orthodox Easter is Sunday, April 19.