Valued Contributor

Re: Giada's mom?

[ Edited ]

The husband is divorcing her. Seems Giada has a biiiiig appetite which extends further than the kitchen.

She used to always wear his clothing line on air. Now she's trying to be more real by coming to the stove in anything but a flowy Malibu maxi-sundress. lol

Her mother apparently is alive but it always seems that Giada keeps her family a bit at a distance. But then, how many people can even fit into a room with such an ego as Giada's? I guess they can all gather in the doorway and peek into the room as to watch Giada's ego go at.

If she's going to pronounce, "spaghetti", "speee-gheeey-tiiii" as if she just came off the set of a Roman "Ragu" commercial, she ought to pronounce all of the other Italian words with so much gusto, too.

I recall her once snap at her aunt on camera. It was as the aunt tried to say that the recipe her niece had stolen, er, was making was from her grandmother. Giada shut that aunt down so fast you'd think she was about to make a panini out of the lady's hand if it got close enough to touch the counter top.

And if she hand-feeds her kid one more time on camera like she's visiting a petting zoo... We get it. You're a mother. And she's your child. (Try not to hand-feed the girl her first piece of wedding cake, 'k, Giada??).

Something' about Giada just ticks me off. lol

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

Um.. I picked up on that, lol.  Some people just rub us the wrong way.  In my case, it's the farm lady, Nancy Fuller.  I simply can't stand her personality. She may be a lovely woman in person, but that doesn't matter because she turns me off.

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce.  I have no horse in the race, of course, but divorce, in general, is very disturbing to me. I always wish for happily ever afters and they seem to be less and less common these days.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@surfk wrote:

The husband is divorcing her. Seems Giada has a biiiiig appetite which extends further than the kitchen.

She used to always wear his clothing line on air. Now she's trying to be more real by coming to the stove in anything but a flowy Malibu maxi-sundress. lol

Her mother apparently is alive but it always seems that Giada keeps her family a bit at a distance. But then, how many people can even fit into a room with such an ego as Giada's? I guess they can all gather in the doorway and peek into the room as to watch Giada's ego go at.

If she's going to pronounce, "spaghetti", "speee-gheeey-tiiii" as if she just came off the set of a Roman "Ragu" commercial, she ought to pronounce all of the other Italian words with so much gusto, too.

I recall her once snap at her aunt on camera. It was as the aunt tried to say that the recipe her niece had stolen, er, was making was from her grandmother. Giada shut that aunt down so fast you'd think she was about to make a panini out of the lady's hand if it got close enough to touch the counter top.

And if she hand-feeds her kid one more time on camera like she's visiting a petting zoo... We get it. You're a mother. And she's your child. (Try not to hand-feed the girl her first piece of wedding cake, 'k, Giada??).

I'm laughing so hard I need to get a tissue to wipe the tears!!!  Thanks for making my day!!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Her Mom is beautiful and still living.  Her Grandmother is still quite attractive and has done a lot of shows with all three of them cooking together like when Giada was growing up.  They seem to care about each other a great deal.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Re: Giada's mom?

[ Edited ]

Becky, you're mistaken. Giada's grandmother has never been on any show. She doesn't have much to do with her dad's side and her mom's mother is dead. Her mom Veronica's sister Raffy is on the show a whole lot.

Giada and her husband separated in the summer of 2014 and decided to divorce in December, as she posted it on Facebook. Giada had been with him since a few months before her 19th birthday in 1989.

Giada was raped as a preteen by her father: http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-09/news/ls-48246_1_boyfriend.

Veronica: Veronica

Raffy: Raffy

Honored Contributor

@TTerri wrote:

Becky, you're mistaken. Giada's grandmother has never been on any show. She doesn't have much to do with her dad's side and her mom's mother is dead. Her mom Veronica's sister Raffy is on the show a whole lot.

Giada and her husband separated in the summer of 2014 and decided to divorce in December, as she posted it on Facebook. Giada had been with him since a few months before her 19th birthday in 1989.

Giada was raped as a preteen by her father: http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-09/news/ls-48246_1_boyfriend.

Veronica: Veronica

Raffy: Raffy

I recognize her now I always thought that was her Grandmother not her Aunt.  Oh well I love when they bring family members on.   Like when Trisha Yearwood as Garth on with some of his receipes.  Thanks for the info.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."