Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if Giada's mother is alive?  I heard the promo for her Italy show this morning and I thought I heard her say something about her mom.  I couldn't stay to watch the show.

I'm asking because she always cooks with her aunt Raffi. I assumed her mother had passed.  Does anyone know who she is?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Her mother passed, as I understand.  She also lost a young brother to skin cancer.   I guess you can google her and see what you find.

Also...did anyone hear if she's still with her husband?   Thought I heard something about a split???

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the "Giada In Italy" show this morning and her mother was on the show. they were having a family gathering at a restaurant and Giada said something about having her mom and stepfather there, and they showed her mother sitting at a table.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Her Mother is still alive - Giada and her husband are divorcing

Trusted Contributor

Yes, as I heard it, she is divorcing HIM !

Honored Contributor

Her mother is alive and did appear on the show yesterday from Italy. She has been on the show but not as often as Aunt Raffi.

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Yes, as I heard it, she is divorcing HIM !

Not a big fan of Giada..but I have noticed when she's appeared on the Next Food Network Star her dresses were so short... more like tunic tops and always very low cut.  Maybe her way of saying..I'm single again! 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Regular Contributor

I heard the opposite!!! HE is divorcing her. Rumors abound she was running around!!!!!

Arley

Frequent Contributor

The "rumors" are:

HE is divorcing HER.....she's been rumored to have had "affairs" with both Bobby Flay and Matt Lauer.

Her Italy location gives her time for the custody battle to be played out.

(Her father, of course, was the movie producer, Dino DeLaurentis ).

The mother is alive....

the entire DeLaurentis family is on location in Italy...the stress is on "family" so that Giada wins "points" in the custody battle.

Honored Contributor

Dino was Giada's grandfather, her mother's father.