Respected Contributor

any owners or thoughts ? I have had a cpl. of other brands in the past and no matter how I followed recipes and instructions , extruding was frustrating and I wasted products and time.   I ended up donating them.

There weren't many reviews.

There are great ready made pastas on the market . I would love to make my own occasionally though. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like the pasta machines that extrude the dough.  I prefer the old fashioned type where you roll the dough into sheets and feed it through the cutters.  

I few years ago, I got the pasta machine that fits on my kitchen aid mixer. It works really well.

You can make flat pasta for lasagne or cut noodles or different thickness and widths of pasta.

F7DD597D-396B-4C51-8F32-962140011E17.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have one like Carmie pictured. It belonged to my dad. It clamps onto the table and you wind it by hand.  He had great results with it, but I've never tried it myself.  It seems like the "extruder" types would be a pain to keep clean and I can't imagine the texture being the same.

I remember the one I had as a child and it was hard to keep clean, lol, but I sure had fun with it!

5f0aafe0fe72ec6f81b583994c852ee1.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: GH pasta maker

[ Edited ]

I have had both the ones pictured---my kids LOVED the play doh one---Woman Very Happy and I did use the other one alot and it was great but alot of work. I now have the KA attachment that works really good. Making pasta is time consuming and hard if your dough is not right, but it is so delicious too!! Had Ron Popeils pasta maker that was the bomb---

Respected Contributor
I have the Phillips electric machine. LOVE , LOVE IT. So easy and so many choices of pastas.
Contributor

I have Emeril's Pasta and Beyond. Love it! 

Respected Contributor

Carmie. My wife had the old type like the picture on here.I got her the one that goes on the kitchen aid mixer allso. So she has both her hands free and pasta comes out great  she allso uses it to roll the dough when she made wandies.it made it so much easier that way. My mil lives under us . there Italian so I tell them with 2 Italian women there's no reason we ever Should have to buy pasta in the store .I can't write on here 

what I was told by both of them. I'm sure you all get the message. Lol.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies. 

To those that use the old fashioned ones - does it take a lot of hand strength  ?

I have considered the KA ones , but at $179. on QVC currently --eh probably not. I do like the KA attachments I have . But I will wait on the pasta ones. From what I saw one makes tubed  pasta and one thin-- almost $400  for variety.Smiley Sad Beyond my budget. Bargains have been known to be found though.

I like the idea of a machine that does both like the GH one and have heard good things about the Phillips. I had a Ron Popiel one that did not extrude  and bought one from the HQ (can not recall the chef -but he is no longer there ) it was the same.

@Pooky1  I thought I was a 'foody' , but what is a wandie?

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  I also have the Kitchen Aid pasta attachment and just love it.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1   That is funny.  I love my KA attachement for the same reaaon .

I also use a scale to measure my flour made by Kitchen Aid.

i am Italian, so I know exactly, what your wife and MIL told you when you made that suggestion.