Honored Contributor

I too have the hand crank kind, and to answer a question that was asked here, it is very easy to turn the handle.

Truth be told, I prefer dried pasta because I like it al dente.  However, there are certain dishes where fresh pasta is preferred, but I do feel dried pasta has more flavor (unless of course you are making a flavored pasta such as basil, black pepper, tomato, etc.)  

And for what it's worth, I don't care for whole wheat pasta, chick pea pasta, gluten free pasta, and any other pasta that's supposed to be healthier.

Respected Contributor

Re: GH pasta maker

[ Edited ]

Wandies  are an Italian pastry.light an airy. Usually with powdered sugar on them. You can Google them.  I said to my wife someone commented on when I wrote about Wandies and she said. what are Wandies. Lol. Some markets sell them and Italian bakerys do to. If you see them you should try them.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Wandies  are an Italian pastry.light an airy. Usually with powdered sugar on them. You can Google them.  I said to my wife someone commented on when I wrote about Wandies and she said. what are Wandies. Lol. Some markets sell them and Italian bakerys do to. If you see them you should try them.

Are you referring to  "guanti"?  

Guandi finished 1

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 "if you see them you should try them" --I will Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

My wife said kinda like Wandies but not exactly.