Honored Contributor

Do you consume more fresh fruit or canned fruit?

Watching a new show Out of Stock: Supply Chain Crisis: Panic at the Supermarket.

They said 90% of the people consume canned fruit?

I think pineapple is the only canned fruit I buy when I make Watergate Salad. I always buy fresh or frozen fruit?

They were talking about this due to the aluminum shortage for canned foods right now.

Respected Contributor

The only fruit I buy and eat are the  Red delicious apples

Honored Contributor

No canned fruit....only fresh, but it is getting harder to find good fresh fruit other than apples, avos, and bananas. I did have good luck with a bag of cuties, fresh blackberries, and pears. I recently threw out a box of blueberries, mangos have been stringy,    Lemons and limes barely give any juice. Strawberries are bland, not sweet. We have thrown away so many watermelons, I won't buy them anymore.   I am having better luck with fresh veggie produce.

Trusted Contributor

I only buy fresh fruit.  I buy pineapple and grapes weekly, apples and oranges when they are in season.  My husband and I eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day.

Honored Contributor

I buy fresh, but always keep canned on hand.  

They were talking about shortage of aluminum for cans, but what high prices for fresh fruit?  Some people can't afford much of it.  

Eating healthier is for higher incomes.  

Esteemed Contributor

The ONLY fruit I ever consume would be a few cherry tomatoes from time to time on my salads. I just don't eat fruit (except for that).

Honored Contributor

Fresh fruit only, right now I have apples, pears, and clementines. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I love fruit so I eat a lot of it. Right now I have pineapple, red grapes, apples & oranges. I have blueberries, strawberries, peaches, bananas, pineapple & mixed fruit in the freezer I use for smoothies I have for lunch every day. Sometimes I throw kale in them for a green smoothie.

Honored Contributor

We eat fresh fruit and jarred applesauce. I use canned crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges for salads and/or dessert.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I buy fresh, but always keep canned on hand.  

They were talking about shortage of aluminum for cans, but what high prices for fresh fruit?  Some people can't afford much of it.  

Eating healthier is for higher incomes.  

@Foxxee 

Not only has the price of fruit gone up the price of the cans are going up. 

Prices on everything have gone up & it's not going to get better any time soon.