Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Chicagosuburbangirl  Chicagocitygirl here!!  And agree with you 100%.  Between Jewel and Trader Joe's I'm set.  I assume that those who order food from QVC live far from any sort of supermarket.  Otherwise, I have no idea what anyone would order food from TV???!!!!

I dont live far from 2 super markets, but I buy food from QVC and love it. My freezer is always full. I have steaks, chops, fish, chicken, hamburgers, and pot stickers. Also got my second 10# of onions from Valdaia yesterday. I love the food I get from them, it's individually wrapped frozen, and convieant, and my man in Georgia with the onions, always emails me, thanks for helping a small buisness out. He's the sweetest person you'd ever meet. Also buy my spices from Amazon. I love getting food this way.

Frequent Contributor

I happen to love the food shows and think Alberti is GREAT!! He is such a warm host and comes off very caring. I LOVE HIM

Trusted Contributor

I liked Alberti as a product rep, and was very happy to see him become a host.  He does a great job IMO.  The food shows are fun for me - I can order what I want, it shows up in perfect shape, I don't have to spend time going to the store, I can order "Bill to - Ship to" and not worry about the quality of the products I am sending.   

Occasional Contributor

I will never watch another food show if Antonella is on it in any way. It is disgusting to watch her eat all she can and talk with her mouth full. Rachel Boesing was bad enough hovering over the food before she could get into it. Really....and you are trying to sell food.

Trusted Contributor

Why does Alberti talk so loud ?  I saw him today talking about Farmer John's popcorn and I thought he was way overboard almost shouting about it.  I do not watch these shows either anymore.  It is the same old food over and over.

Contributor

Antonella is the worst one. she eats more than presenting the product. she ate 2 sweet rolls without saying a word

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food show hosts

[ Edited ]

@wahine50 wrote:

Antonella is the worst one. she eats more than presenting the product. she ate 2 sweet rolls without saying a word

---------------------

@wahine50 @LOUISIANA 

I totally agree!!  She is not a good food host...to preoccupied with eating all she can eat!  Not only that, so often she talks with her mouth full....so revolting!  I no longer watch food shows when Antonella or Rachel are presenting!!!

I like Antonella and enjoy her presenting other products, Really enjoy her with Angel from QF!!! But she really should not be a food show host!!  There are so many other hosts now, can't be that diffcult to select someone else.

Super Contributor

Well said, Carmie. QVC doesn't care what any of us think about the hosts, their enthusiasm or lack thereof. I always have to laugh when someone posts a note here complaining about how over the top David Venable (or any other host) is when he's sampling a food item. That's what he's PAID to be. He's supposed to wax poetic when he tastes any food. He's supposed to convince everyone that they ought to purchase that item NOW. How long do you think any host would last if upon tasting a food item he/she said, "This is okay, but I've never buy it."

QVC also doesn't care if any of us think they ought to give other hosts a chance to sell food items because we don't care for a particular host. 

QVC also doesn't care if someone here writes, "Whenever (fill in the blank with a host's name)" or "Whenever X (again fill in the blank with a kind of show name), comes on, I change the channel. 

ALL QVC cares about is "Is a particular product we're presenting, SELLING?" If it is, they're happy; if not the presentation time for that item will be cut, it won't continue to be sold or it will soon be available at a clearance price and we won't see it again. This is about profit folks and ONLY about profit.

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I liked Alberti as a product rep, and was very happy to see him become a host.  He does a great job IMO.  The food shows are fun for me - I can order what I want, it shows up in perfect shape, I don't have to spend time going to the store, I can order "Bill to - Ship to" and not worry about the quality of the products I am sending.   

@sashamatthews  Who was he a product rep for?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

If the host or both of them are tasting the food, what is the purpose of a couple more and a vendor or two sitting and eating the food?

Keepin' it real.