Honored Contributor

*****edited to remove links

I use the quick  option, medium color on the Zo machine, use Red Star yeast packet it says "can be used in bread machine too". So, it's the Red Star Quick Rise yeast packet.

Guess you know to add ingredients in the order your machine recommends:

water and milk first

softened butter or oil next

sugar and salt next

Bread flour (I use bread flour don't have to I guess, but, I like bread flour for breads and use White Lily or King Arthur)

Yeast goes last . Make a hole in the flour pile and sprinkle yeast in the indention, make sure yeast doesn't come in contact with liquids.

Just stick finger in the flour not all the way down just enough to hold the yeast.   I increased the butter to 4 tablespoons LOL (pig) decreased the salt to one teas.

I like the 'quick' method, does away with the 3rd rising. Bread should only rise no more then twice. Zo machines I've seen knock it down and rise 3 times. I'm afraid will beat it to death. Twice is plenty. Faster too !   I got the 2pd machine.

Ingredients

For large (1 1/2 to 2-pound) machine

• 1 cup (227g) lukewarm water
  • 1/3 cup (74g) lukewarm milk
  • 3 tablespoons (43g) butter
  • 3 3/4 cups (447g)  King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
  • 3 tablespoons (35g) sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast or instant yeast

For small (1-pound) machine

• 2/3 cup (152g) lukewarm water
  • 1/4 cup (57g) lukewarm milk
  • 2 tablespoons (28g) butter
  • 2 1/2 cups (298g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
  • 5 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or instant yeast

NUTRITION INFORMATION Instructions

1. Put all of the ingredients into your machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
  2. Program the machine for basic white bread, and press Start.
  3. When the loaf is done, remove the pan from the machine. After about 5 minutes, gently shake the pan to dislodge the loaf, and turn it out onto a rack to cool.
  4. Store, well-wrapped, on the counter for 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Trusted Contributor

What did they do? Remove somtehing you had in your  post??? SAY IT AIN'T SO....NOT IF SHARK POSTED ITWoman Wink

Read my post in recipes,  you will know why I have not harrassed you....the Wolf is still alive........

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Recipe I get from King Arthur called Basic bread machine bread.

Looks complete to me. Easy to follow.

Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf : Great to see your post. Really have missed you and your recipes. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Hope loves to chat sees

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Hope loves to chat sees

@SharkE, you might try notifying her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf wrote:

What did they do? Remove somtehing you had in your  post??? SAY IT AIN'T SO....NOT IF SHARK POSTED ITWoman Wink

Read my post in recipes,  you will know why I have not harrassed you....the Wolf is still alive........

@forrestwolf, apparently the moderator deleted links. They will do that in some cases.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

guess Q was scared of King Arthur recipe ingredients LOL

If she sees it, fine, if not I did my duty.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE - Thanks for the recipe.  I will certainly try it.  I love reading your posts.  Hope all is well with you.