Honored Contributor

Re: Food show hosts

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1   a "tundra wolf".......Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

an adult Tundra Wolf may eat up to 20 pounds in one feeding!

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Dan Wheeler attacked the food like a tundra wolf, but I don’t remember anyone complaining about him.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@QVCkitty1   a "tundra wolf".......Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

an adult Tundra Wolf may eat up to 20 pounds in one feeding!

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Dan Wheeler attacked the food like a tundra wolf, but I don’t remember anyone complaining about him.

@phoenixbrd , well it sure seemed like he was that hungry ! 🤣🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm another who thought that DW acted like he'd never eaten before!  And SF was just too, too, too much.  But not a fan of the current pairing either.  I've seen other hosts do quite well on food shows.  Not sure why they don't rotate the hosts more, not just on the food shows.  

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl  Chicagocitygirl here!!  And agree with you 100%.  Between Jewel and Trader Joe's I'm set.  I assume that those who order food from QVC live far from any sort of supermarket.  Otherwise, I have no idea what anyone would order food from TV???!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I usually don't watch the food shows because everything has gotten so expensive, but I did tune in for a few minutes today. The hosts are there to sample the foods, but they must also remember to give adequate info about the food such as, packaging and if the baked goods can be frozen and if so how long. They lost a sale on those bundt cakes today because they didn't give enough info, they were too busy eating and telling me how good they are.

Agree.  Eating is a lot easier than show prep and giving product information.  

Esteemed Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

Don't care for Alberti, at all.  They should switch hosts so everyone gets a chance.

He is not prepared for the food he is about to eat...too phony!!

@phluphyAgree 110% !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Alberti and Rachel are an absolute train wreck.  Way too much silliness, gasping, gushing and unprofessionalism.  And that tasting table w/the other vendors is ridiculous.  What are they going to say?  The food is terrible?

Trusted Contributor

It would be funny seeing Alberti and Rachael having lunch together at an upscale restaurant.  Rolling their eyes and moaning and clapping and all that other nonsense with each bite.  It would be quite the spectacle. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

It would be funny seeing Alberti and Rachael having lunch together at an upscale restaurant.  Rolling their eyes and moaning and clapping and all that other nonsense with each bite.  It would be quite the spectacle. 

-----------------

I do think that over dramatic, eye rolling, finger licking is just so phony.   I do not watch those two hosts either, but mostly because of Rachel.

I have often stated...a simple phrase like... "that food was so good" and a good description of the item is all I need to hear about any food product.  I do not need to see a close up camera shot of any hosts' face as they stuff food into their mouth, including the Wednesday kitchen host!!

I have - and do - order food from QVC.  Some products I have reordered several times and some I hated and got my refund back. 

Occasional Contributor

love to watch the food shows and I am on auto delivery .for some but since S.F left I can not stand to watch A and R. So I change the channel . Also prices are getting higher.Back to my nearby butcher shop!