Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite/cutest kitchen tools/gadgets? 🥣🔪

@GingerPeach

My fish measuring scoops make me happy. Heart

Honored Contributor

I always LOVED the Tupperware measuring cups and spoons that came in several sized measurements, and searched high and low after they were discontinued for a replacement. 

A month or so ago I FOUND a wonderful set at Walmart that contains such sizes as 2/3 c, tiny spoons for a “pinch” “dash” and large spoons for 1 1/2 T,  etc., SEVENTEEN SEPARATE SIZES in all!

HAPPY COOK!!!

Respected Contributor

not cute - but my favorite is a silicone tube to roll garlic in to peel . I never want to be without it.

Honored Contributor

Honorable mentions......

My electric coffee/spice grinder which I use to crush up rock sea salt & peppercornes together.

813vvZ9nH3L._AC_UL320_SR256,320_.jpg

I then put the mixture into an OXO salt shaker w/a spout. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at Mon, Dec 17, 2018-11.15.05 AM.png

The "pepper" shaker is for that one person who does not/cannot have "salt."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Some of my Owls. I also have the Cookie Jar that looks like the owl on the trivet on the right side. I have the Trivets hanging on the wall in my kitchen. I received the trivets & cookie jar from an old boss in the 80's for my Birthday one year. We both collected owls.

My sister sent me the owl spoon rest she bought at Cracker Barrel.

I have over 100 owls but most of them are boxed up. I got tired of dusting all of them every week. LOL!!!

Owls.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Some of my Owls. I also have the Cookie Jar that looks like the owl on the trivet on the right side. I have the Trivets hanging on the wall in my kitchen. I received the trivets & cookie jar from an old boss in the 80's for my Birthday one year. We both collected owls.

I have over 100 owls but most of them are boxed up. I got tired of dusting all of them every week. LOL!!!

Owls.jpg

Oh, I love them!

Two of my fav kitchen gadgets are my OXO jar opener (it's magical!), and the little gadget to pull that gross white thing out of eggs before using them in baking.   It's called Tidee-Egg and is a very basic little plastic thing with tiny plastic teeth, but it makes the job way easier.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Owls.jpg

Oh, I love them!

Two of my fav kitchen gadgets are my OXO jar opener (it's magical!), and the little gadget to pull that gross white thing out of eggs before using them in baking.   It's called Tidee-Egg and is a very basic little plastic thing with tiny plastic teeth, but it makes the job way easier.

@chickenbutt

Never heard of Tidee-Egg. I will have to Google it.

Wonder if that OXO jar opener would have opened the carton of milk I had last week. I could not get the cap off with anything. I even tried pliers. I ended up cutting a hole in the carton so I could pour milk out. LOL!!!

DH could not get the cap off either. He had to use a pair of channel lock pliers. Guess I need to see if the new carton will open or not so I can get him to open it. It's like they glued on those caps. Wonder how many people returned theirs unable to get it off?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Owls.jpg

Oh, I love them!

@chickenbutt

Never heard of Tidee-Egg. I will have to Google it.

Wonder if that OXO jar opener would have opened the carton of milk I had last week. I could not get the cap off with anything. I even tried pliers. I ended up cutting a hole in the carton so I could pour milk out. LOL!!!

DH could not get the cap off either. He had to use a pair of channel lock pliers. Guess I need to see if the new carton will open or not so I can get him to open it. It's like they glued on those caps. Wonder how many people returned theirs unable to get it off?

Sometimes screw-on tops are so hard to open - or I'm just old...not sure exactly which.  But the OXO jar opener has been a life-saver for me.  It goes from as small as a 16oz bottle of water to a 4" diameter screw-on.  When I first tried it, I was shocked at how easy it was.

Before that I would try putting on one of my rubber kitchen gloves and that helped some, but this is just so easy that it really blew my mind.

The Tidee-Egg is also great for people like me, anyway, who are grossed out by that white thing in the eggs.

I got both of these items at Amazon (of course! Smiley Very Happy).  

Forgot to say as to the Jar Opener:   Before I got mine I had a pint of Talenti gelato (has a screw-on lid) that I couldn't open for the life of me and my husband, who is quite strong still, couldn't even get it open.  Got the opener and it took a hot second, by me who is very NOT strong, and it was off.  Like I mentioned, I actually WAS shocked.

Honored Contributor

My favorite is my battery operated salad spinner.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Ok, I have one contribution for 'cutest'.   Years ago, IIRC, I saw these guys on a Pier 1 ad and remarked how cute I thought they were and my husband went out and bought them for me.

Maybe not so much a gadget, as they are s&p shakers.  But I've never filled them and they just sit at the back of my black stove.   I just moved them to a cutting board for a slightly better pic.    I love them so much!  Smiley Happy

BTW, they are not giant.  They are quite small.  That's just one of my one quart LC pots behind them.

P1140471.jpg