Esteemed Contributor

I love Popeye's but haven't had one close. On my way to my hairdresser last week I noticed one is about ready to open. I'll definitely be stopping next time on my way home - sure beats cooking and it's delicious! Hubby loves Popeye's too - what's better than that!

Honored Contributor

@sabatiniwrote:

I hadn't even thought of fried chicken in years & years - until this current season of Top Chef.

One of the 'cheftestants', Chris, who's known for cooking upscale soul food, made lemonade fried chicken & some crackled, brown sugar biscuits. Smiley Surprised

Everyone RAVED! 

I wanted some!!!

I'd sure love to have the recipes.

You might try two things:  One obvious, lemon juice and lemon zest in the batter.  Two: Sprinkle some lemonade powder drink mix in with the flour you coat the chicken in.   Biscuits?  Sprinkle the top with brown sugar or roll the whole biscuit in butter then brown sugar on top or roll it in it before you bake it. 

Contributor
I love fried chicken especially if someone other than me makes it. I do like Popeye's fried chicken and shrimp.
Honored Contributor

Way it is most folks I'll eat it if you fix it LOL

Honored Contributor

We love Popeye's, but since we moved 10 years ago the closest store is 400 miles away.  Woman Sad (that's supposed to be an emoticon)

Honored Contributor

The grocery store I frequent (a west coast chain) has these chicken strips that are TDF.   Two of those is a whole meal for me, granted I cannot eat that much at any given time.   But they are so flavorful.

I also LOVE the chicken fried chicken that QVC has been selling since last fall.   I had AD for the original configuration.  Now they only have the config that comes with gravy packets.   

But it's just so tasty.  I put a smidgeon of s&p on just one side, then shallow fry brown it in a pan on both sides.  The chicken is cooked already, so I just take one out to thaw and then cook it that way.  

They come in bags, so I do vac seal them in onesies when I get an order.  My AD ended and I keep wanting to get more just so I never run out, but I actually have at least 40 of them on hand.  Good thing I vac-seal them.  Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

My mother made the best fried chicken!  Coated the chicken with cracker meal, and used the electric fryer to fry it in Crisco!  Yum, I miss that chicken! 

Trusted Contributor

You ladies all sound like experts in this field, so one of these days, I will go back to the stove with my cast iron skillet, chicken, oil and BUTTER!  Practice makes perfect, right?!

Regular Contributor

I do not eat fried anything—I eat baked, broiled or grilled—except once or twice a year I crave Long John Silvers chicken planks.  I get 3 and I am satisfied.  They are greasy but crunchy good.  Never eat the fish.

Trusted Contributor

I’m really craving KFC right now!  Too bad I don’t have one near me.🍗🍗🍗