Esteemed Contributor

Re: Electric can opener

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I prefer an electric due to arthritis but can't seem to find one that works properly.

I have a Hamilton Beach electric can opener - in black - with silver handle. Purchased from Walmart. Inexpensive, works great, and lasts many years. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

How many of you prefer an electric can opener over the Kuhn Rikon?  Or do you use both? Or neither?

I have a Hamiltom Beach ,  I believe from Amazon. It uncoils the lid, does not cut it. It's electric, didn't cost a lot, and is probably 9 inches high and base is propably 5 inches. Doesn't take up a lot of room, works great and I love it. Best can opener I ever had.

@HLP 

Sounds like the same one that arrived at my house from Amazon on Friday. It's the exact same model I needed to replace. Have loved it so much for many years is why I got that one again. Biggest plus feature for me is no  jagged lid. 

@shaggygirl@HLP.  Can you please give me the exact name of this can opener so I can find it and order one?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Kuhn Rikon manual opener.

As I open a can less than once a week I do not want to have an electric model take up valuable real estate on my kitchen counter. The manual opener is easy to use and cleans/ sanitizes in the DW.

My late mother always swore by her counter top electric opener. Today I do not know anyone who has an electric one.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

How many of you prefer an electric can opener over the Kuhn Rikon?  Or do you use both? Or neither?

I have a Hamiltom Beach ,  I believe from Amazon. It uncoils the lid, does not cut it. It's electric, didn't cost a lot, and is probably 9 inches high and base is propably 5 inches. Doesn't take up a lot of room, works great and I love it. Best can opener I ever had.

@HLP 

Sounds like the same one that arrived at my house from Amazon on Friday. It's the exact same model I needed to replace. Have loved it so much for many years is why I got that one again. Biggest plus feature for me is no  jagged lid. 

@shaggygirl@HLP.  Can you please give me the exact name of this can opener so I can find it and order one?

I am not shaggygirl or HLP but I think I have the same one they are describing. I got mine from Amazon & it is a Hamilton Beach, Model # 76607, $34.99. No jagged lids & this is my 2nd Hamilton Beach, Same Model that I had for 20 years & just got the same one 6 months ago. Wouldn't be without it & no problems in the 20 years I had it. So easy to use.