Honored Contributor

How many of you prefer an electric can opener over the Kuhn Rikon?  Or do you use both? Or neither?

Honored Contributor

We use OXO can openers and wouldn't give counter space to an electric one. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer an electric due to arthritis but can't seem to find one that works properly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We prefer manual can openers. 

Respected Contributor

I have a Cuisinart electric can opener.  A little pricey but works very well.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never liked electric can openers - they're sort of an eye sore IMO, so I use a hand held opener that I've had for years. I have only minor arthritis problems in my right hand, so it hasn't been a problem. I like the KR brand, but don't see a reason for buying one since my old can opener works just fine. Many cans now have the pull tab, so it's not much of a problem.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

How many of you prefer an electric can opener over the Kuhn Rikon?  Or do you use both? Or neither?

I have a Hamiltom Beach ,  I believe from Amazon. It uncoils the lid, does not cut it. It's electric, didn't cost a lot, and is probably 9 inches high and base is propably 5 inches. Doesn't take up a lot of room, works great and I love it. Best can opener I ever had.

Esteemed Contributor

I need to use an electric can opener because of arthritis in my hands.  But it doesn't sit out on the counter.  I store it in a lower cabinet, right in the front.  It's small and lightweight so no problem taking it out when I need it.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

I have a Hamiltom Beach ,  I believe from Amazon. It uncoils the lid, does not cut it. It's electric, didn't cost a lot, and is probably 9 inches high and base is propably 5 inches. Doesn't take up a lot of room, works great and I love it. Best can opener I ever had.

@HLP 

Sounds like the same one that arrived at my house from Amazon on Friday. It's the exact same model I needed to replace. Have loved it so much for many years is why I got that one again. Biggest plus feature for me is no  jagged lid. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use both depending on the size of the can I am opening 🙃