Regular Contributor

Re: Eating a HOT Lunch at Work

[ Edited ]

Lolakimono -

I just happened to be scanning the boards and came across your post. This could not have come at a better time! Hubby and I were just discussing what we were going to do for lunches this year! We both work at a school and lunchtime is precious! You have to have a plan because if you don't, your 20-30 min is gone and you end up "hangry," lol!  I will have to look these up. If I'm not mistaken, these were actually on Q a long while back and sold out.

Hope you have a wonderful school year. Ours is coming up fast! Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I j.u.s.t discovered Instant Pot (pressire cooker)....

makes a 3Quart!!!  

Really small pressure cooker which can be used for

steaming, cooking, warming yogurt making.

Would this be an option?

It's just so flippin' cute...I have to get a baby IPot.

Frequent Contributor

I love the mini hot logic that was mentioned in earlier post.  Check out myhotlogic.com.Mini Hot Logic

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono, I don't know whether it would meet your needs, but HSN currently has a two-pack of DASH Mini Rice Cookers, 16 fl oz capacity each, the pair for $29.95 (four flexpays of $7.49), free shipping. Reviews seem decent. Colors are cute.

Respected Contributor

@Bandwife23 wrote:

Lolakimono -

I just happened to be scanning the boards and came across your post. This could not have come at a better time! Hubby and I were just discussing what we were going to do for lunches this year! We both work at a school and lunchtime is precious! You have to have a plan because if you don't, your 20-30 min is gone and you end up "hangry," lol!  I will have to look these up. If I'm not mistaken, these were actually on Q a long while back and sold out.

Hope you have a wonderful school year. Ours is coming up fast! Smiley Embarassed

@Bandwife23, yes these were sold on QVC a few years ago. I bought 2 (in green) for my coworkers two Christmases ago. They also came with the extra insert. After hearing my coworker telling me how well it worked I went back on QVC to order myself one but they were sold out.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono if you need any type insulated lunch carry bags they have some different sizes on GMA deals today if you are interested.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw at the Crock-Pot site (when I did a search), that there is also a cordless one for $10 more. It is 24 oz compared to the 20 oz, and it's called the Deluxe model....just an FYI for those who need a bigger and non-corded version.  Reviews are great on both! I didn't find anything about what type of battery/source it uses. Some of the big companies give such vague info!

WalMart online has a couple of models, also...

Thanks for sharing this info! I also work at a school!! This will be great!

Trusted Contributor

Image result for thermos

A thermos would work too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Thanks for posting, @lolakimono

I'm a sucker for those things.  I get to work at 6:30 am, so when brunch rolls along it's 10 am and I eat my lunch - usually something simple that I can gobble, since brunch is only 20 minutes start to finish and I spend at least half that time dealing with students - make up work, etc... you know how that is. For some reason, I always have a roomful of students at lunch time, so I just have a cup of tea.  When the bell rings at 2 o'clock and the kids leave, if there is no meeting immediately following, I heat up one of those lite soups.  That little snack keeps me until dinner.  i have a microwave in my classroom, as well as a sink, but I prefer not to use a microwave if possible.

I think I may have to purchase this little pot :-)

I had one of these little pots several years ago and LOVED it!  They are safe, don't cause a lot of odors and are very efficient!  They aren't just a crock pot .

Honored Contributor

I wanted to report back about the Crock Pot lunch warmer.

It is a winner!Cat Very Happy

@DiamondGirly

@house_cat

I bought the pink version, and added to my cart a week's worth of containers/lids.  I just went to training Tues.-Thurs. and I used it every day.  I then took it to school on Fri. when I went to set up my classroom.  I've been doing layered items, like my enchilada casserole, and rice dishes.  Last week it was rice, yellow split peas and assorted veggies.  I liked it so much that I bought a backup pot, for the days when I am at home or working at another school and I might forget to bring the pot home.

I also bought these (sold out now) because they are reusable and diswasher safe.

Everything fits in my new (cooler) lunch box from LLB.

I think you won't be disappointed! Cat Happy

I also found these, which I am in love with.

OXO Good Grips® Covered Ice Cube Tray-Large | Boscov's

They are from OXO (Good Grips) silicone ice cube trays with a lid and rack.  I liked that the rack keeps them steady, if you want to make mixed trays of sauces, and the lid protects the cubes from the rest of your freezer items, plus they can be stacked right away.  I made up various sauces in my Vitamix, and popped them into the freezer.  Each ice cube holds 2 oz. so it will be perfect for a sauce.  I made some coconut curry, garlic teriyaki, and tomato basil.  I cooked rice today, sauteed some veggies and tofu, and it will be ready to go each day.  I can combine the items I want to eat that morning, pop a sauce cube out on top of the rice/quinoa/pasta, etc. and I'm good to go.