Honored Contributor

I thought I would share my find.  Cat Very Happy

I am supposed to be eating more "warm" foods to help digestion, which is a problem for me to heat up at school.  My "lunch" time is very early, and then I have to go the rest of the day without eating.  Transporting soup is a pain, then I have to wait in line to use the community microwaves (not my preferred reheating method, but oh well).  There is a balance between getting it hot enough to eat and not too hot that I can't take it out of the microwave and carry it to where I eat.

I was researching Thermos type possibilities, but the idea of having soup every day, and having to heat it before work seemed like it would not be very practical, as I leave before 7 each day.  There is also the clean up factor- having to hand wash a Thermos and have it smell like whatever was in there before.

I found this, from Crock Pot, and it has wonderful reviews.

It comes with an insert (dishwasher safe) but on their website you can also order more inserts.  I am going to leave the crock at school, and pack an insert (which I can do the night before).  It takes a few hours to heat up, so that will work for me.  I don't own it yet, and school is not in session, so I can't comment personally but the reviews are very good.

On their site, the crock is about $20 and the refill inserts are $10.

If you like a hot lunch, this might be for you! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Eating a HOT Lunch at Work

Thx for sharing. That looks pretty neat. I will have to check it out. You could also check out Wolfgang Puck's Little Rice Cooker that you could carry to work with your lunch ready & plug in before you eat. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono that Crock Pot appliance looks terrific especially if you are like me and would like to avoid the microwave.  Here is another gadget that I always found interesting especially if you have prepared a meal that is a bit more vertical:

HotLogic Mini Personal Portable Oven, Black

HotLogic Mini Personal Portable Oven, Black

Honored Contributor

Do you work outside the home Ms. Loki ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Do you work outside the home Ms. Loki ?

@SharkE

Yes- I'm a teacher, but this summer I am not doing summer school or other "projects" because I am going to help my mom after her surgery.  

Honored Contributor

WOW ! you do so much around here I had it in my head that you were a retired lady just doing all this work for leisure and enjoyment.

I have another pal in here who is a teacher. She's going to retire in few yrs.

Don't know how you do it all ! Your a marvel !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

I have about 30 years before I can retire, per S.S. Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

Wonder woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I bought a Crock Pot (original brand name) from Costco and it came with one of those small, lunch-size Crock Pots.  

I use it for keeping hot dips warm, melted butter, that kind of thing.

Honored Contributor

My teacher pal will be young when she retires . Early 50's , I think.

She's already tenured, just waiting for those yrs. to be up.

Not a job I'd want for myself. So much has changed since my day out of the loop. LOL

I was in school when dinosaurs walked the earth. LOL