Valued Contributor
I ordered a pair of Clarks navy loafers to replace a decades-old pair of Easy Spirit. Also a Linea mossy crepe top since I love the other one I have.
Respected Contributor

I just stuck with the click and carry things.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

No I do not believe I am undermining anyone.

Yes some people can keep track of the assets and liabilities with no problems and know how to set up and use a monthly spread sheet outlining all their finances.

On the other hand unfortunately many people are not as disciplined.

Many people also are elderly and cannot recall, or are unfortunately no longer capable of making rational decisions, and go overboard charging and using easy pays which they cannot really afford.

Many others were taught to work hard, invest, and save.

They were also taught to pay their charge and credit card financial obligations in full monthly, so it would defeat their purpose to use easy pays and also pay the cc and charge card interest for using their cards in that fashion.

I do not be-grudge or judge anyone for deciding how to spend their own $, but when I see how many people have squandered away their funds, on excessive shopping, and end up in financial straits that is when it is clear that problems do exist, but could have been avoided if financial management and basic common sense was handled in a wiser fashion.

Everyone interested can read on the net how many people no longer pay their cc and other financial debts because they cannot afford to, and that is when the realization sets in and the long road ahead becomes a fearful one. There is also the shame knowing one cannot make their financial monthly payments any longer.

There is another thread referencing the easy pay option and many others also said they bought nothing, and neither did I.

For those who did purchase I hope you are pleased with your purchases and enjoy them, but my post was displayed for the very fact that there are many out there who cannot afford to buy anything they really do not need, just for the sake of taking advantage of a few months of lower monthly payments.

In that case the only real winner here is QVC who got rid of lots of their aged as well as current inventory, and clearance/sale items.

The other winners are clearly the creditors who also receive more interest from their consumers for the option of extending to them minimum monthly payments, regardless of whether they can really afford them or not.

Super Contributor
On 3/12/2015 adoreqvc said:

Yes some people can keep track of the assets and liabilities with no problems and know how to set up and use a monthly spread sheet outlining all their finances.

Many people also are elderly and cannot recall, or are unfortunately no longer capable of making rational decisions, and go overboard charging and using easy pays which they cannot really afford.

They were also taught to pay their charge and credit card financial obligations in full monthly, so it would defeat their purpose to use easy pays and also pay the cc and charge card interest for using their cards in that fashion.

I do not be-grudge or judge anyone for deciding how to spend their own $, but when I see how many people have squandered away their funds, on excessive shopping, and end up in financial straits that is when it is clear that problems do exist, but could have been avoided if financial management and basic common sense was handled in a wiser fashion.

Everyone interested can read on the net how many people no longer pay their cc and other financial debts because they cannot afford to, and that is when the realization sets in and the long road ahead becomes a fearful one. There is also the shame knowing one cannot make their financial monthly payments any longer.

There is another thread referencing the easy pay option and many others also said they bought nothing, and neither did I.

For those who did purchase I hope you are pleased with your purchases and enjoy them, but my post was displayed for the very fact that there are many out there who cannot afford to buy anything they really do not need, just for the sake of taking advantage of a few months of lower monthly payments.

In that case the only real winner here is QVC who got rid of lots of their aged as well as current inventory, and clearance/sale items.

The other winners are clearly the creditors who also receive more interest from their consumers for the option of extending to them minimum monthly payments, regardless of whether they can really afford them or not.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

Are you on drugs??? I pay with my debit card which comes out automatically from my checking account. No interest charges. Again, do not undermine older people. We still have our mental capabilities and can manage our money very good. Get off your high horse and come down to the ground where the real people live. Don't group everyone with you.

Valued Contributor
On 3/12/2015 elated said:

Are you on drugs??? I pay with my debit card which comes out automatically from my checking account. No interest charges. Again, do not undermine older people. We still have our mental capabilities and can manage our money very good. Get off your high horse and come down to the ground where the real people live. Don't group everyone with you.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor
On 3/11/2015 elated said:

I think you are undermining the average person and I always know what I owe. I keep track of all my bills. I do not go overboard on anything. I only buy what I need.

elated my reply was one of a general fashion, and not directed to anyone specifically, certainly not to you because what you do with you funds, and how you make your credit or debit card purchases is your concern.

Respected Contributor

A little over the top adore. This is a food chat board, not a self help group. While some of us might need help I doubt your qualified to give it.

And between the bold, large print and jumping from all caps back and forth, your post is extremely annoying.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor
On 3/13/2015 debc said:

A little over the top adore. This is a food chat board, not a self help group. While some of us might need help I doubt your qualified to give it.

And between the bold, large print and jumping from all caps back and forth, your post is extremely annoying.

Easy pay extends to all categories and not just this one since it relates to purchases from items in all categories, so I differ with your opinion in that regard debc.

If it so annoyed you debc, why waste your time to read it, and post a reply at all?

I bypass anything I find may encounter to be irritating in general which does not interest me.

When someone becomes aggressive and blatantly rude to another QVC member for no justified reason, especially when they were not mentioned directly, they should refrain from targeting that person for having the legal right to post their own general opinion and supported information.

A little over the top is your opinion debc.

I wholeheartedly support everyones right to post their own opinions....."You know freedom of speech and all that good stuff, our American forefathers graced us with".

My well deserved reply is a blunt education with supported information which was required to address a rather rude individual who targeted me when I never mentioned anyone specific in my reply, but rather posted it as a general observation of well meaning documented information, already known by many others, who are also educated to converse on these topics.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal posted opinions, and with all due respect debc, no one is forcing you or anyone else to read a reply or thread, if you or they do not care to do so.

Debc you have no idea what my professional business forte was, so you are truly not qualified to make any public statements about what my pro qualifications were, or are.

What I typed was all true so if you or others detest the truth debc, so be it.....I prefer to remain well educated since I was brought up to believe "Knowledge is power", and that especially holds true while cyber communicating on the internet.

I feel I have contributed enough to this thread, and rightfully so, and will now move on, so on that note debc, I will be gracious and wish you and everyone else a good day.