Occasional Contributor

Duraflame during ITKWD

[ Edited ]

Why do they find it necessary to present a non-kitchen/food item during ITKWD.  The Duraflame heater is not a kitchen or food related item.  Really tired of this sort of thing-they seem to be doing it more frequently these days.

Respected Contributor

Re: Duraflame during ITKWD

[ Edited ]

because it's the TSV.  ITKWD ended at 3. 

Trusted Contributor

@rnin85 wrote:

Why do they find it necessary to present a non-kitchen/food item during ITKWD.  The Duraflame heater is not a kitchen or food related item.  Really tired of this sort of thing-they seem to be doing it more frequently these days.

QVC is a retailer -- not a cooking school.  it sells things.  if you wanting cooking instructions, try PBS, Food Network, or Cooking Channel.

As a retailer, QVC is going to promote its merchandise, partiularly the TSV.  Because of this why woud they not show the TSV during ITKWD?  Do you honestly think they are going to go 3 hours -- particularly one of the most heavily-viewed time periods on its schedule -- without showing the TSV?

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

@rnin85 wrote:

QVC is a retailer -- not a cooking school.  it sells things.  if you wanting cooking instructions, try PBS, Food Network, or Cooking Channel.

As a retailer, QVC is going to promote its merchandise, partiularly the TSV.  Because of this why woud they not show the TSV during ITKWD?  Do you honestly think they are going to go 3 hours -- particularly one of the most heavily-viewed time periods on its schedule -- without showing the TSV?

Would you say the same thing if they presented an item of clothing or a piece of jewelry during ITKWD?  All I am saying is that as the TSV is not a food /kitchen related item and the had a presentation in the show before his and a full hour of the TSV scheduled after his show, why present the item during his show.  No, I am not looking for a cooking instruction show--not sure where you got this idea at.

Occasional Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I am not talking about the full hour show of the TSV scheduled after ITKWD?  The TSV was presented about an hour into the ITKWD show.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rnin85 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

I am not talking about the full hour show of the TSV scheduled after ITKWD?  The TSV was presented about an hour into the ITKWD show.  

I understand how you feel...i feel the same way when they advertise a clothing hour...and show 1 or more beauty items during it.................beauty hours are plentiful..and yet you never see any other products throughout their hours....

Frequent Contributor

I agree, it seems like they are really trying to push the TSV down our throats.  I thought this weekend was supposed to be a countdown to Christmas but there was a shortage of Christmas shows.  Before ITKWD, there was a full hour of the TSV and before that show, they had it on in a Christmas show for about 20 or so minutes.  And yes, I do change the channel when there is something on that I;m not interested in.  This same situation happens with a lot of TSVs--mattress shows and Bose come to mind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yet you never see them interrupt a Dyson, or mattress show, or WEN or any other of the "regulars" so David can cook a little something or they can spend 20 min presenting a D&C pair of jeans.

I see and feel an aura of desperation on Q presentations lately.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i have a duraflame in our kitchen. it is so great on a cold winter morning when you come into the kitchen to make your first cup of coffee. it takes the chill out of the air. so yes, i would consider it a "kitchen item."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was going to say the same thing @sunshine45. Several times already today the hosts have mentioned how the Duraflame is great to warm any room, including the kitchen.  Any TSV that can be used in the kitchen is going to be included ITKWD. We've seen vacuum cleaners, tablets (any electronic that can assist with recipes) cleaning products, and yes the Duraflame.  David generates big sales for QVC; they're going to bend those kitchen boundaries every way they can.