Reply
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-20-2011

Duraflame during ITKWD

[ Edited ]

Why do they find it necessary to present a non-kitchen/food item during ITKWD.  The Duraflame heater is not a kitchen or food related item.  Really tired of this sort of thing-they seem to be doing it more frequently these days.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,426
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Duraflame during ITKWD

[ Edited ]

because it's the TSV.  ITKWD ended at 3. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,892
Registered: ‎02-19-2012

@rnin85 wrote:

Why do they find it necessary to present a non-kitchen/food item during ITKWD.  The Duraflame heater is not a kitchen or food related item.  Really tired of this sort of thing-they seem to be doing it more frequently these days.


QVC is a retailer -- not a cooking school.  it sells things.  if you wanting cooking instructions, try PBS, Food Network, or Cooking Channel.

 

As a retailer, QVC is going to promote its merchandise, partiularly the TSV.  Because of this why woud they not show the TSV during ITKWD?  Do you honestly think they are going to go 3 hours -- particularly one of the most heavily-viewed time periods on its schedule -- without showing the TSV?

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-20-2011

Re: Duraflame during ITKWD

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

@rnin85 wrote:

Why do they find it necessary to present a non-kitchen/food item during ITKWD.  The Duraflame heater is not a kitchen or food related item.  Really tired of this sort of thing-they seem to be doing it more frequently these days.


QVC is a retailer -- not a cooking school.  it sells things.  if you wanting cooking instructions, try PBS, Food Network, or Cooking Channel.

 

As a retailer, QVC is going to promote its merchandise, partiularly the TSV.  Because of this why woud they not show the TSV during ITKWD?  Do you honestly think they are going to go 3 hours -- particularly one of the most heavily-viewed time periods on its schedule -- without showing the TSV?



Would you say the same thing if they presented an item of clothing or a piece of jewelry during ITKWD?  All I am saying is that as the TSV is not a food /kitchen related item and the had a presentation in the show before his and a full hour of the TSV scheduled after his show, why present the item during his show.  No, I am not looking for a cooking instruction show--not sure where you got this idea at.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-20-2011

@sparklestar wrote:

because it's the TSV.  ITKWD ended at 3. 


I am not talking about the full hour show of the TSV scheduled after ITKWD?  The TSV was presented about an hour into the ITKWD show.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,801
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

@rnin85 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

because it's the TSV.  ITKWD ended at 3. 


I am not talking about the full hour show of the TSV scheduled after ITKWD?  The TSV was presented about an hour into the ITKWD show.  


I understand how you feel...i feel the same way when they advertise a clothing hour...and show 1 or more beauty items during it.................beauty hours are plentiful..and yet you never see any other products throughout their hours....

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎05-20-2010

I agree, it seems like they are really trying to push the TSV down our throats.  I thought this weekend was supposed to be a countdown to Christmas but there was a shortage of Christmas shows.  Before ITKWD, there was a full hour of the TSV and before that show, they had it on in a Christmas show for about 20 or so minutes.  And yes, I do change the channel when there is something on that I;m not interested in.  This same situation happens with a lot of TSVs--mattress shows and Bose come to mind.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 58,674
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Duraflame during ITKWD

[ Edited ]

Yet you never see them interrupt a Dyson, or mattress show, or WEN or any other of the "regulars" so David can cook a little something or they can spend 20 min presenting a D&C pair of jeans.

 

I see and feel an aura of desperation on Q presentations lately.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 38,504
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

i have a duraflame in our kitchen. it is so great on a cold winter morning when you come into the kitchen to make your first cup of coffee. it takes the chill out of the air. so yes, i would consider it a "kitchen item."

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,013
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

I was going to say the same thing @sunshine45. Several times already today the hosts have mentioned how the Duraflame is great to warm any room, including the kitchen.  Any TSV that can be used in the kitchen is going to be included ITKWD. We've seen vacuum cleaners, tablets (any electronic that can assist with recipes) cleaning products, and yes the Duraflame.  David generates big sales for QVC; they're going to bend those kitchen boundaries every way they can.