Honored Contributor

Desserts? How many? Let me count...Un, deux, trois

How many desserts are you planning to have at Thanksgiving. I plan to have 3 for 13 people. No pumpkin or pecan pies. All of mine are fluffier and lighter. So you can eat more. Lemon chiffon pie, tiramisu and fresh fruit custard tart.

My brother is making the tiramisu and I'm making the other two. Never made them before so I'm hoping it will turn out okay. Never like doing a new dessert for an event. Why not? Only friends and family. Nothing stressful there. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Desserts? How many? Let me count...Un, deux, trois

I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards making a pumpkin cheesecake.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake with a chocolate crust. It's a big hit.

We always have fresh fruit and some cookies too. I don't know what else yet...

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the traditional pecan pie and I don't like anything pumpkin. My favorite is lemon meringue pie. I also might make a trifle.

Honored Contributor

Hi, Yahooey! We'll be having only one, since there are only five of us. If it were up to me it would be carrot cake, but I'm the only one who likes it. I suppose it will be a pie of some sort, mostly likely apple.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 house_cat said:

Hi, Yahooey! We'll be having only one, since there are only five of us. If it were up to me it would be carrot cake, but I'm the only one who likes it. I suppose it will be a pie of some sort, mostly likely apple.

I love carrot cake. Never made one though. I tend to favor French apple tart than apple pie. I figure since the tart has no top crust, I can eat another slice. Mind games. Lol Enjoy your pie. Ala mode?

Honored Contributor

I only make one. One is plenty for us.

I think we are the oddity, however, as I notice more people here make a massive amount of courses and several desserts. I make four courses plus the one dessert, which is whatever the husband chooses.

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 MarthaStewardess said:

I don't care for the traditional pecan pie and I don't like anything pumpkin. My favorite is lemon meringue pie. I also might make a trifle.

I bet the trifle is stunning. My lemon chiffon recipe is from ATK. It has a egg white whipped with some lemon custard for the top. It doesn't go into the oven so I guess it is s faux meringue. Enjoy

Trusted Contributor

Mine and my sons fave is pecan pie so we're having that for sure. Hub and inlaws like pumpkin roll so I'll make that too. If we have extra people then I'll probably also do an apple almond tart.
Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 Yahooey said:
On 11/11/2014 house_cat said:

I love carrot cake. Never made one though. I tend to favor French apple tart than apple pie. I figure since the tart has no top crust, I can eat another slice. Mind games. Lol Enjoy your pie. Ala mode?

I'm a purist. I like mine plain and the only one I'll eat is my own. When I was a child I found the core in a store bought pie and that turned me off. I know what goes into my own, I can't count on what someone else puts into theirs. Hubby likes it ala mode, as does my mom, so I'll have a small carton of Haagendaaz vanilla on hand. I'd love the apple tart recipe if you have a special one. Smile

This is for you, Yahooey!

~ house cat ~